Movin'

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Movin'

Post by Mach10 »

Well, I took the job.

Regina's a pretty little city; much like Winnipeg in terms of small-prairie-town, but without the arrogance and pretention. Plus, you can drive clear across town in rush hour traffic in under 20 minutes :)

I move on the 1st, but will be in a Hotel until I can find me a place to hold me over until my wife can come join me.

When she finds work in Regina, hopefully we can land a house with a heated garage (or at least a garage I can insulate and heat)so that I can resume my hobbies.

The money is ok (not great) but better than what I'm doing now. But the work itself (and the shitload of uptraining) is worth a mint towards my career (and review coming up in April).
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Congrats :thumbleft:

You have any plans to visit Alberta sometime?
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

My life promises to get really, REALLY busy soon... I doubt I'll be doing much moving around beyond finding a temp place to live, then finding a more permanent arrangement.

That said, when we buy a new place, the wife is going to want to fill it to the rafters with all kinds of swedish crap, and Calgary's the closest Ikea...

I'll be sure to look you up then.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Congrats, man!

Movin' on up!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Congrats man. More money, more training, and probably a better opportunity to move up in the company which will equal even more money in the future
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

That or total mental failure.

I'm the second of 2 techs for a coverage area that extends 4-6 driving hours in any direction...

:thumbleft:
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Sweet man. Congrats on the upgrade.
<Insert Sig Here>