Few 1/8 Mile Runs

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

MstangsBware

Few 1/8 Mile Runs

Post by MstangsBware »

Went to the local 1/8 mile track to run in a factory tire shootout. Well after launching several times on street tire and getting down to a 8.3 @ 84, I thought I was good. Got in the first round and jumped the throtte and blew the tires off and couldn't recover so I was out in the first round.

Put on my drag radials after that and ran several times with the best being a 7.9 @ 85 MPH. Not my fastest 1/8 mile time but the car was consistent and whooping up on most all the other street cars. I need to get re-tune being my LTFTs are locking in a -10.1 so thats taking alot out of it.

Ran one of the new Ford Shelby 500 (Snakes?) several times that night. Still had dealer tags and was trailered in. Was running around 8.0-8.3 running bone stock with traps of 93-94. Nice car but a hefty price tag on it for what you get.

Got alot of comments on the car and how it was running. Alot of questions about what was in it. Going to go back for the next event with some fuel taken out and see what it will do.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Decent times on street tires. DR of course with you is a different story.

Just for comparison I was running 8.5-8.6 in the 1/8th at 83mph off the bottle with street tires on 10 lbs. That was with 1.8-2.0 60 ft times though.

I am guessing your 60' times were around 2.0-2.1,2.2?
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Decent times on street tires. DR of course with you is a different story.

Just for comparison I was running 8.5-8.6 in the 1/8th at 83mph off the bottle with street tires on 10 lbs. That was with 1.8-2.0 60 ft times though.

I am guessing your 60' times were around 2.0-2.1,2.2?

On street tires I was running full pressure being I didn't bring my small compressor to put air back in them afterwards. Next time I will bring the pressure way down before running. On street tires my 60' where around 2.0-2.3. I would have to take off at about 20% throttle and then roll into it once I got out a bit.

I thought once I got on drag radials that the time would go down more than the 7.8 I ran but it didn't get any lower. I ran about 6 times on DR and ran all 7.9s/8.8 with all being around 84-85 MPH with 1.7-1.6 60's.

My car can't seem to get out of the 85 MPH range in the 1/8 and that goes back to the firsts time I ran it on street tires with a 3.25 pulley. Back on the 3.25 pulley the car was on a fresh tune and street tires so I can understand that. I am going to pull all my slips and start comparing them from the first time I ran the car till now and see what I can find.

The odd thing about my car is I can run it on street tires, spin like a bitch and still trap the same MPH as I do on DR with a 1.6 60'. When I ran it the first time on the 3.25 pulley on street tires, I was trapping any where from 103-114 MPH traps but would hit a 12.8 everytime.

Car really needs a tune being its running very rich and locks in at -10.1 on WOT runs. I think with this issue fixed and I need some new rear springs that my times will go down.