Where can I buy new GM electrical connectors?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Splicing 100 wires also leaves one with more blisters than crimping 100 pins.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

and don't forget the toxic gas exposure from solder flux fumes!
lucky

Post by lucky »

Personally, I'm of the school of if I'm gonna retrofit my car for a $200 average retail new EGR valve, why am I gonna plug it in with a used junkyard pigtail?
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

I should be able to see if we can get you one tomorrow. I have to wait for one of the store guys who actually gives a shit.

Edit: And by tomorrow I technically mean today. Just got out of work :thumbleft:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Series8217 wrote:and don't forget the toxic gas exposure from solder flux fumes!
My dad has stone age leaded solder around too...
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

it may seem like I half-ass stuff, looking at how I used a drill to cut my first LS/Fiero adapter plate, but I don't drive my cars with half-ass anything in them. Yes, it takes a long time to solder correctly, and it is a hassle to do it both nicely and safely at the same time.
My next question then, is why do your old ones need replaced? Maybe that's not fair of me to ask, as my Fiero is low mileage and well caerd for, and I haven't yet gotten to that part of my swap.
Thanks for putting up with me.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Atilla the Fun wrote:it may seem like I half-ass stuff, looking at how I used a drill to cut my first LS/Fiero adapter plate, but I don't drive my cars with half-ass anything in them. Yes, it takes a long time to solder correctly, and it is a hassle to do it both nicely and safely at the same time.
My next question then, is why do your old ones need replaced? Maybe that's not fair of me to ask, as my Fiero is low mileage and well caerd for, and I haven't yet gotten to that part of my swap.
Thanks for putting up with me.
Modern emissions-controlled vehicles have extremely hot engine bays. The connectors don't hold up very well. They tend to crack and fall apart.
The pins also wear out if the connectors get removed and reinstalled a lot.
lucky

Post by lucky »

Personally speaking, I have many connectors in my engine bay which seal and connect well, but the retaining clip that holds the connectors together snapped due to heat and repeated removal/installation. I'd love to have a lot less zip ties in my engine bay, and replace a couple connectors here or there every so often.
lucky

Post by lucky »

Alright, for anyone who gives a crap; the Delphi # for the digital EGR plug housing is 12065292. Discontinued, Delphi will make it, but minimum order is 2k pieces.
AC Delco aftermarket # for a pigtail is PT301. There's a few people online who have it listed for $17-$20.

EDIT: Thanks to John at Keefe Performance for the info, and thanks to whichever one of you guys posted a link to Keefe on this site.