This has always annoyed me

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

This has always annoyed me

Post by AkursedX »

This is one thing that has always got on my nerves. Last night and this morning, the top news story is about how some local newsanchor from some place got beat to death.

Yeah, it's bad and all, but people get beat to death all the time and it's not the top piece of news on every fucking site on the planet.

I'm sorry, but I have no clue who this person is, nor does anyone else in this world besides her local news area. It's not worth recieving this much media attention.

This has been an ongoing thing too. The newsmedia always puts way too much emphasis on stories that involve other reporters and writers. No one really gives a shit outside that community.

So yeah, just had to get that off my chest.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

She's in the new "W" movie. Someone broke into her house, beat and stabbed her, stole her credit cards and left her to die in her bed. I bet she never knew what happened to her.
I treat others as they treat me
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

While tragic, probably not what most people should be hearing about.

So I'm a +1 on this thread, 'cause I think that there are a heck of a lot of issues of true NATIONAL importance that should be on the NATIONAL news before the story of 3 year old being lost in a national park.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

You give the media too much credit. Take note that the woman who was beat to death was a hot, white blond woman. Stories about hot white women always get more play. It's not that the media has any special affinity for them, it's that those stories get tons of attention. Think about it, when's the last time you saw a story about a black girl getting beat up get this much attention? It'll make the local paper, but it won't go national. Think Lacy Peterson - totally a local issue but somehow it was a national story inside of a week. It wasn't anything that doesn't happen anywhere else to women of all shapes, sizes and colors, but her story got tons of attention, which means big ratings and lots of advertiser dollars, and thanks to the news media being a business, whatever gets the most attention gets the most money and makes the business owners the happiest. Same thing with this woman - viewers eat up stories like this for some reason, and the media has no qualms about giving them what they want.
<Insert Sig Here>
BigRedDeckSpoiler

Post by BigRedDeckSpoiler »

Dirty Sanchez wrote:She's in the new "W" movie.
She played Anne Coulter in the "W" movie.

I don't think that it was ever actually stated in so many words, but they hinted all around it... I think that they were attempting (or hoping) to play up a connection between the portrayal, and her murder. Possibly a deranged viewer who took offense, or something.

Hey... If it bleeds, it leads. Especially if it's a hot, blonde woman.
BRDS