Need a muffler!

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I couldn't have guessed.

Now, hasn't someone said to just suck it up and buy the muffler? You can fit the Spintech. I'm running a bigger engine, with a full trunk, in both of my cars, and both have a Spintech. Stop being a Fiero owner, and do it right. Because as you've already figured out, you're spending more by trying to spend less, because you're buying shit, and avoiding the realization that yes, you do need a muffler. Let me guess what's next. "The Flowmaster is cheaper and they flow well will this work?"

Maybe you need to go back to Old Europe. Most everything you say and do reminds me of that board.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

With my current tubing setup a spintech will not fit, trust me, it won't, trust me, I don't care how you're exhaust is routed, mine won't fit it. I was trying to avoid having to buy all new tubing and starting from scratch. I don't think an $80 disk is exactly cheap ass fiero owner, granted it was stupid, but I did spend real people money on it. At least I didn't throw a cherry bomb from pep boys on there for $19.

Supposidly someone I know has an exhaust tube bender, if its mandrel I will have him make me a new exhaust and I will put in a full bodied muffler. Spintech of course. It would be nice to hear a sound clip though. Listening to my car and some 3800 camaros with open headers around town... the 3800 sounds like total ass. It doesn't sound cool at all, just like a fast jalopy. The car actually has quieted down a bit and most of the noise I was getting was only apparent in the cabin. Some sound deadening really cut down what I was hearing. Outside the car it is not horrendous. Now I am really wanting a good sound, but still quiet. It sounds like the spintech is my best bet. I'll pick up another flange for my new exhaust and keep this current one for the track.
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

I have a "v force" muffler on my swap. Its loud but sounds sweet at wot.