bmw repair advice

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

84fierotrevor

bmw repair advice

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Where is that bmw dude? his screen name is like satan or devil or something??

I had a car charger thingy that let u plug more car sockets into it and it slid under the passenger seat, then this hoebag used the seat adjust and i heard some unatrual noises under the seat so I check it and the thing is wedged under there, i cant get it out now because the seat adjust buttojns wont work now, not in any direction. And now my airbag dash light is on. I am guessing do to me fucking something up under the seat?

is this somthing I gota take to bmw because of reseting the airbag light? or if something just got unpluged down there will it reset itself?
S8n

Re: bmw repair advice

Post by S8n »

It won't reset itself. Sounds like it damaged the seat harness and possibly blew the fuse. Check the fuse (fuse panel is above the glovebox) and pop in a new fuse. If it blows right away, then you are pretty much screwed unless you can get the device out from under the seat some other way (pry bar?). Once you do get it out, the seat is held down by two bolts and two nuts, size 16mm, take them out, lean the seat back and see what the damage is. You can try using electrical tape if its not too bad ;) Then its off to the dealer for a $125 airbag light reset.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls