How can you tell if your knock sensor is bad?

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Re: How can you tell if your knock sensor is bad?

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

see if you can track down a factory tgp prom, or hell I think Sinister fiero on here has the factory tgp prom code and can burn you a chip. Your freind could have fucked up your fuel and timing maps and thus causing all the problems. Put a tgp prom in it, and see what happens.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Forever-Fiero

Post by Forever-Fiero »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Who burned the chip and what did they play with?

Are the wires from your crank sensor to your ICM still twisted?
Well he got the code off a tgp site and a guy(Tom pinrod) at 1320 performance burnt the chip. yes the wires are twisted with the ground wire in tacked.

Im thinking I'll have to get one from Sinister.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I just watched the videos, definitely some problems. Starting it took forever!

First, do you have a WBO2 sensor installed? Mine seriously helped in tuning across the board. Whenever my car hesitated or ran funny, sure enough, the A:Fs were whack.

Does the problem get better once the car is warmed up? If not, then it's more than likely timing related, not fuel. It sounds like timing to me too.

You also have a lot of valvetrain noise, and slow throttle response. Goddamn that fuel pump is loud!!! You really need to stop driving it, or even running it longer than you have to, until you figure out the issues.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Forever-Fiero

Post by Forever-Fiero »

Aaron wrote:I just watched the videos, definitely some problems. Starting it took forever!

First, do you have a WBO2 sensor installed? Mine seriously helped in tuning across the board. Whenever my car hesitated or ran funny, sure enough, the A:Fs were whack.

Does the problem get better once the car is warmed up? If not, then it's more than likely timing related, not fuel. It sounds like timing to me too.

You also have a lot of valvetrain noise, and slow throttle response. Goddamn that fuel pump is loud!!! You really need to stop driving it, or even running it longer than you have to, until you figure out the issues.
No WB. I have a NB on the way just to get a idea of what Im getting. when the car is warm it will start fast every time. As far as the valve noise, Its the camera. It picks up really well. The pump is a Walbro 195. And I dont drive it. and only run it for short periods of time. I really dont want to blow this thing up.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

faCTORY TGP INJECTORS RIGHT?
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Forever-Fiero

Post by Forever-Fiero »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:faCTORY TGP INJECTORS RIGHT?
YES. ohm tested and flow tested.