aluminum engine pics

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

p8ntman442 wrote:ok looking at thye other thread I see how the oil feed works, and how the heads overhang, and how the coolant passages will leak over the side of the block. Im not scared. I also like the look of the sleeves in that bowtie block, as well as the rest of the block. How about the timing belt and associated hardware, anyone know if the 3.4 tdc block bosses are the same as a pushrod on the sides?
The timing belt is entirely dealt with by the TDC front cover, which has the same pattern as the standard front cover.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
The timing belt is entirely dealt with by the TDC front cover, which has the same pattern as the standard front cover.
I guess that part is simple enough then.

What you can probably do is fab up some sort of filler plates on the heads in the valley area to close that off.

Then you could prob weld the heads at he coolant jackets there where it overhangs the deck. But just where it overhangs of course. Me and Jon also have some custom steel head gaskets made for that block. There was a for sale post about it. Maybe we could work something out? :thumbleft:

you could prob weld the oil return holes and then drill into the sides of them at the very base of the hole, and install a fitting and some braided line to go back to the pan.

A competant machine shop could prob rig up an oiling sytem to feed the top end.

Like I said it cuold prob be done, but how much time and money you want to spend to try and get that to work would be the big question
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

the oil feed will come from my lifter valley, I have the removable lifter bores with the feed tube, which makes the feed a breeze. oil return is minimal on this block however, and not setup for dohc heads, that would most likely be a gravity powered external braided line(s). Time is the issue, after I graduate money should not be an issue.
p8ntman442

Post by p8ntman442 »

here, the oil will drain back down past the lifter valley and over the crank. not ideal but it would work. if indeed thats an oil drain hole on the head like stated b4.

Image[/img]
p8ntman442

Post by p8ntman442 »

shaun how did the heads line up on the sides?? did you put on the tc cover to see if it would fit as well?