How many AutoX?

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

befarrer

How many AutoX?

Post by befarrer »

How many people autocross?

This will be my 3rd year autocrossing my Fiero, and I think I am getting to be competitive finally. The Fiero is not the greatest platform for this, but I have fun for it. I have a full poly suspension and cradle bushings, WS6 springs, with 1.5 coils cut front and rear, and a 1/2" rear swaybar. I am also running P205/45R17front, and P225/45R17 on the back, I also have a stock Quad 4 motor with stock tranny, and a custom allignment.

So far, here are my times, I am car #A3:
http://www.mrheavyfoot.com/files/result ... %20RAW.pdf

I am car #56:
http://www.mrheavyfoot.com/files/result ... %20Raw.pdf

http://www.mrheavyfoot.com/files/result ... 09_raw.htm

What times are everybody else running compared to the competition?
befarrer

Re: How many AutoX?

Post by befarrer »

Pics from test 'n tune (middle results above):

http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/upload ... x/Gallery/

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I noticed you are getting much faster. Did you upgrade your tires? I see you are using the BK-7 rims now. They are lighter than the ASAs and should help you a little bit.

Maybe by this weekend I will have my car back and can start racing. You will probably be much quicker than me this year. My turbos are a little bigger and will spool a little later than the old car. Bad with those slow 2nd gear corners. Griesbach is always set up for small nimble cars with good throttle response. The larger cars with more power can't stretch their legs.

Ben, we both need to race at Stratotech this year. You should do a LeBaron brake upgrade to prepare for it :twisted:
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

He rarely posts so I'll mention him and tell him to post his results, but Leppy_89 autocrosses his 87GT which is stock as far as I know. He has d/s rotors now, but that's about it. I remember his last race he beat out a few cars that surprised me.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

crzyone wrote:I noticed you are getting much faster. Did you upgrade your tires? I see you are using the BK-7 rims now. They are lighter than the ASAs and should help you a little bit.

Maybe by this weekend I will have my car back and can start racing. You will probably be much quicker than me this year. My turbos are a little bigger and will spool a little later than the old car. Bad with those slow 2nd gear corners. Griesbach is always set up for small nimble cars with good throttle response. The larger cars with more power can't stretch their legs.

Ben, we both need to race at Stratotech this year. You should do a LeBaron brake upgrade to prepare for it :twisted:
Actually I found some Motegi R-7's for less than the price of new tires. They look simmilar to the BK-7 rims, but they are chrome, and just as heavy as the ASA's. Running 205/45R17 Falkien ZE-912s on the front, and P225/17 Good Year Eagles on the back.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Get rid of the poly front swaybar links (if you have them) put in stock rubber. Keep the end links loose up front.

Try removing the steering Damper. It can bea little vague on center, but will turn easier at low speed.

Try running with the front bar disconnected all together.

Learn to embrace and use the trailing throttle oversteer.

If you are fast in a Fiero, then all other cars seem easy to drive.

Autocrossing a fiero is like ballet with a grizzly bear.

Also look into Moog problem solver ball joints. Not sureif they still make them , but you can use them to dial in more Camber.

I will likley get back into autocrossing my GT after a 5 year hiatus. Not the fastest car, but fun to drive
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.