The law of averages caught up with me

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

The law of averages caught up with me

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Ohio has approximately 600,000 deer and I've lived here my whole life... probability is a bitch.

Overall got off very lucky, but it could have been catastrophic. I hit her at 35, no time to brake. It was a hill on my right, valley to my left, she jumped off the hill right in front of my car. Clipped her back legs and flung her off the road into the ravine. Glass went everywhere. Thought I broke the headlight but it was just the fog. Headlight popped out, but we fixed it before we drove off. Some jackass stopped and his 14 year old daughter was pissed at ME because I hit the deer. They went back to try to find it. So watch the news when some 45year old and his daughter get mauled by an injured deer in a creek.

Broke the fog, turn signal, headlight trim, and that rubber trim is torn up. Car was COVERED in fur.

Bunch of scratches, but I managed to buff them all out, buff up the chrome, and some tire shine fixed the rubber trim enough. I've got to hunt down a turn signal and fog now.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: The law of averages caught up with me

Post by Aaron »

Is that an old Porsche or what?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Doesn't look too bad at all considering. Being from Montana, I've seen a few deer meets car incidents myself and they generally look worse than that. Still sucks though. Sorry, man.

Edit: Just reread. I've only seen them at highway speeds. That could explain it. :)
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Aaron wrote:Is that an old Porsche or what?
It's a 912.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Looks like you got away lucky. Wife clipped a deer with the SX4 last night, she got lucky too all it did was flip the mirror back and scuff it.
CincinnatiFiero

'68 912, ate the throttle bushings in a UDF parking lot so it idles at the redline. Just got home from towing it to the warehouse and left my phone in my buddies driveway. Fuck Porsches.
CincinnatiFiero

Spent all yesterday learning how to put a new pedal box in a 912, now the battery isn't charging so it won't restart. Time to put this car back in storage, it's such a love-hate relationship.