New paint job

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

New paint job

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Total cost was about $30. Old Europe members would be prob of me for that one. Camo green. Check out the cool badge above the license plate on the rear bumper too.

FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Shaun41178(2)

Re: New paint job

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

I like it. Nice concept.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Was that done with just olive drab spray cans? Any kind of prep work?
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

hahhaha yea the wheels are dirty as sin. I wasn't worried about them as I am replacing them with flat black beretta GTZ 16" rims. All that brake dust is ugly but its all go no show.

Very little prep work. I sanded some area where the clearcoat was bad but it didn't do much. Also lightly sanded some areas to help get the surface dirt and grime off. It looks decent in pics, but in honesty its a 20 footer. Which goes to show, even in pics shitty paint jobs can look decent. So all you V8Archie nutswingers out there take note. Pics from 20 feet away don't show all the flaws of his work.

It was just a camo green from home depot racing. I forget the exact color but can dig it up if anyone truly wants. I wasn't going for a show stopping paint job. I do get compliments on it though all the time. Its actually been like this for about 1 month now. Its mostly from people 20+ feet away walking down the street that I can hear talking to their freinds. Plus all my buddies say for the money it looks decent enough and is definately better then just the flat black it was before.

pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

That thing looks like fuckin ball sack. And you think V8Archie was going to hire you. Please go dig yourself a hole and burry yourself in it.
CincinnatiFiero

Post your car, at the very least his is one uniform color.
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Post your car, at the very least his is one uniform color.

Do i have to go back to the words WORK IN PROGRESS. Its not like I snap my fingers and my fiero is done like that.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

with that high paying job of yours, you should have no problem paying someone else to do it for you. Just have V8Archie do it. Or I know, have your homeboy back on holiday do it. You said both archies and BOH's work is nothing but art. Why wouldn't you want your car to be a work of art? you obviously can afford it.

:Yahoo!:

CincinnatiFiero

pontiackid86 wrote:
CincinnatiFiero wrote:Post your car, at the very least his is one uniform color.

Do i have to go back to the words WORK IN PROGRESS. Its not like I snap my fingers and my fiero is done like that.
No, to go back to them I would have had to hear them the first time, I don't read your threads on Old Europe, I merely run across your thousand replies to shit.

You think Shaun is any different? I mean he's a measly shopkeep, not a high rollin pussy getting flashlight assault force. For all you care to know, his car is also a work in progress, however he likes to keep it one color in between steps of bodywork so it looks more presentable.
acing is immature and wrong.
This mentality is why you're a flashlight bandit.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Sweet... Now you just need to come up with a sweet military code for it...like the M1009 CUCV that was a K5 Blazer.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Work in progress is a fucking poser term.

Work in progress would mean your car is in the garage and you are restoring it / modifying it. But it's not a driver.

Driving around in a car with mismatched body panels , different colors and other ugly shit hanging off it it means you either can't afford to just fix your shitpile, or don't have the ability to do so. In that case it's simply a driver.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

The turbo badge is cool (is that a VW one?) but I would have left it off because your car is quite the sleeper with it's flat OD green paint.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

jelly2m81 wrote: Driving around in a car with mismatched body panels , different colors and other ugly shit hanging off it it means you either can't afford to just fix your shitpile, or don't have the ability to do so. In that case it's simply a driver.
Fuck my life.

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
EarlBarnes
Earl's not that bad.

Post by EarlBarnes »

you can make it shine by adding about 4 coats of clear coat then wet sanding with 1000 grit sandpaper, At autozone they have the quarts of clearcoat, just get a aircompressor and a spray gun block off needed stuffs or if you can't get a aircompressor get the high den fiber rollers and roll it on after its dried hit it with some 1000 grit, after that it will look freaking nice. The flat paint and clearcoat works good ( I did it with a fiero spoiler before)

Anyway it looks pretty good for a rattlecan job the flat color works best when rattle canning a paintjob, you can also get any overspray out with wetsanding with 1000 grit sandpaper.

And pontiacfag atleast his car is 1 color and don't have glued scoops all over the place, His fiero also has everything stock as far as body panels go, most of us don't like ricing out our fieros.
:Yahoo!:
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

You should fill in the two holes around turbo. :crazy:
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

Now all you need are some bumper numbers. Use whatever you want, but usually the 'unit' goes on the left and vehicle number on the right (for example mine shows Bravo company 240th signal battalion, bravo-11.) I just printed the letters on a piece of paper and cut them out as a template.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_pRdhQ34bSb0/SlRHA ... G_8445.JPG

(btw how do I make an image clickable, with provided link, for example?)
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com