Sold my VW

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

THE PUNISHER

Sold my VW

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Sold my 2000 VW TDI beater, over 300K on the clock , it needed wheel bearings, the dual mass flywheel was ukered , ac compressor was fucked and noisy, alignment was off big time, front fenders were rusty...ect.. it was a turd. Guy drove 4 hrs to buy it and paid me $2400!! Oh ya, it needed a timing belt and an engine mount. The timing belt had visible cracks in it .

So I bought this. Here in canada we had SIR's , don't know if you got them in the US.
Motor is stock right down to the air box (me like)

Suspension on the other hand.

Apex’i N1 exhaust system (new)
Skunk2 Dual bend shifter w/ weighted gear knob (1 year old)
Skunk2 Pro series front upper control arms.( poly bushings, and easier camber adjusters) (new)
Skunk2 Pro series rear lower control arms (Gold, poly bushings,with 3 different settings for endlinks) (new)
Koni Yellow shocks w/ 5 way perches mated with Ground Control Coilovers( tokico spacers, and all new OEM bolts) (used 6km)
(New) lower ball joints
(New)Rear sway bar endlinks
OEM CTR Red Valve cover (comes with original)
OEM CTR red stiched shift boot.(1 year old)

Track days, occasional autocross and daily driver. Should work well. The Little B16 Winds out good, car is clean and accident free.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Shaun41178(2)

Re: Sold my VW

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

they were just called si here. b16 160 hp low 15's
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
THE PUNISHER

Re: Sold my VW..new car blew motor in 11 days

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Blew the motor , 11 days into new car ownership.. So I replaced it. I was lapping at Shannonville Motorsport park. Spun #1 bearing and destroyed it.

Ultra low mile ...smokin good deal B16A3 <- Fuckin minty fresh shortblock
ACT 6 puck
new Cometic headgasket
ITR Oil pump
oil pressure gauge...
Tapped the pan for a Drain :)
Gonna Turbo it now that I know the motor is good.

Motor is noticeable Stronger, gets better mileage and doesn't burn a drop after 600 miles of driving. Even withthe motor replacement I am about 3 grand below what these go for locally.. so I am not too bent. Gotta get back tothe GRM car thou

Done

Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

You and your honda's. Fucking Ricer....

j/k. Nice work on the new motor. What kind of turbo are you going to go with? Personally, if I were tracking the car regularly, I'd probably keep it n/a, but if I went turbo, It'd be pretty small.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

It's hard when Honda's are so cheap and parts are so plentiful! I paid $100 for the short block that still had cross hatch on the cylinders and the whole thing was just unbelievably clean.

Prob a WRX turbo... $50 to $100 on Ebay. I have a set of Talon 440 cc injectors , an OBD2 to OBD1 harness and a OBD1 ECU that is socketed and chipped.

I am gonna get back to the fiero this winter and basically copy your setup
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

THE PUNISHER wrote:It's hard when Honda's are so cheap and parts are so plentiful! I paid $100 for the short block that still had cross hatch on the cylinders and the whole thing was just unbelievably clean.

Prob a WRX turbo... $50 to $100 on Ebay. I have a set of Talon 440 cc injectors , an OBD2 to OBD1 harness and a OBD1 ECU that is socketed and chipped.

I am gonna get back to the fiero this winter and basically copy your setup
Sounds like a good plan for the Honda. It should rip pretty good. I can't fault you for choosing a Honda. It is insane how cheap stuff is for them. The B16's take to boost pretty well too. I regret selling my SVO for this reason. 2.3 turbo stuff was cheap, and then I had the fox-bod mustang support for everything else. If I kept it, it would have had a Holset turbo and been prepped for the track by now. Oh well.

When time comes for your Fiero, just let me know whatever questions you have and I'll try to help you out.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair