Finally going to go back to school...

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Unsafe At Any Speed

Finally going to go back to school...

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back to school (online) this coming September to get my Masters. I had put off applying to school for this next semester and thought it was too late. I guess I can get into American Military University (AMU) right away though, so I think I'm just going to go there so I don't keep putting it off. It's not the most prestigious school I guess, but I only went to a state school for my BA anyway (graduated from Montana State in 2007, Political Science major). I want to study International Relations and Conflict Resolution which they have a program in too, so that helps. I won't be taking a full load as I think that would be too much along with work and other more fun stuff (ie- snowboarding, auto racing).

But anyway, doubt anyone really cares too much. Just thought I would share. :)

...not really looking forward to having homework again... :roll:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Finally going to go back to school...

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I got BS's in Physics and Math the first time through, but found that those don't help with getting a job.

My civilian employer was paying for me to get a MS in Systems Engineering. I was mostly pursuing that degree out of convenience. They had low entrance requirements, which got my foot in the door (didn't really apply myself to undergrad the way I should have). I'll use good grades in that program to get into a better one, like mech/aero from UVA, or a PhD program someplace.

Good for you to go back to school. Your career and promotion to major will benefit.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Re: Finally going to go back to school...

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Yeah, like you said, it's pretty much becoming a requirement even to make Major. Not only that, it is something that interests me as well, so it's more than just checking a box. If I were to get out of the Air Force in the near future, I would like to maybe go to work for a NGO or something. I need to get back to work on learning another language though. So far I've taken Spanish (4 years high school, 1.5 semester college), Arabic (2 semesters), and Italian (1 semester). I suck at all of them. :-D