turbo cobalt

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Shaun41178(2)

turbo cobalt

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

what you guys think? I like em.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Fastback86

Re: turbo cobalt

Post by Fastback86 »

Great engine, great chassis, just about everything else sucks. I looked at em for a while, but the rest of the car is just too cheap.
<Insert Sig Here>
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

They hold the FWD record around the 'ring at 8:22. For comparison, the '04 CTS-V did it in 8:19. Sad kind of actually. For me atleast.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

They are ok. For the price, might as well buy a GTO. Better in pretty much every way, except maybe fuel mileage.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:They hold the FWD record around the 'ring at 8:22. For comparison, the '04 CTS-V did it in 8:19. Sad kind of actually. For me atleast.
Not anymore, the Renault R26.R beat it, 8:17.

I think it is a lot of car for the money, I like it a lot more than the comparable Civic Si, Mazdaspeed3, or the older SVT focus. Except all the ones here wind up yellow with black camaro stripes and that ridiculous wing. They look stupid. In black or blue with the wing delete I think the Turbo wheels are much better looking than the Supercharged and its not a terrible looking car. Sadly the Cobalt is classic GM build quality. I've driven the Si and the Speed3, I'd have the speed3 out of those two, haven't gotten to drive an SS yet.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:
Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:They hold the FWD record around the 'ring at 8:22. For comparison, the '04 CTS-V did it in 8:19. Sad kind of actually. For me atleast.
Not anymore, the Renault R26.R beat it, 8:17.
Oh nice. I hadn't heard that.

I think even with the badging and wing, the SS can be fairly sleeper.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

yea I don't care too much about cheap build quality or cheap interior. Hell I have a fiero right? Its gotta be better then mid 80's build quality. I drove a n/a cobalt from a rental and I didn't think it was that bad. Actually it was a saturn equivalant but the same car.

no lift shift tranny, direct injection, factory limited slip, 240 whp stock and 270ish with a simple tune and over 300 tqs sounds like a winner. And for around $20k isn't a bad deal either. Mid to upper 13's in the qtr and over 100 mph traps with a decent driver isn't bad either.

I was thinking a 4 door with the wing delete for the sleeper look, and to haul some freinds around if need be. Plus with $4500 from the govt to help pay for sounds delicious, since I know I would never get that much for my fiero. Not doing it sounds like throwing money away.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

CincinnatiFiero

Do they offer the turbo in the sedan? The 4 door SS's used to just be trim when the coupes used the supercharger.

I watched a stock turbo coupe turn 14.8 all night long at the strip and the supercharged cars were running 15.4, there were 3 supercharged SS, one ion supercharged, and one turbo SS. All the blowers were running 15.4-15.5. Will they go 13s as easy as you make it sound.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Do they offer the turbo in the sedan? The 4 door SS's used to just be trim when the coupes used the supercharger.

I watched a stock turbo coupe turn 14.8 all night long at the strip and the supercharged cars were running 15.4, there were 3 supercharged SS, one ion supercharged, and one turbo SS. All the blowers were running 15.4-15.5. Will they go 13s as easy as you make it sound.
driver dude. streetfire is where I saw the vids of the guys running mid to upper 13's with simple bolt ons.

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

There is a guy on the local board here who dynoed at 286whp and 331ft/lbs with only a tune, nothing else. Low 13's, high 12's at around 110mph should be achievable with not a whole lot of work (tune, intake, exhaust, driver-mod)
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
CincinnatiFiero

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
CincinnatiFiero wrote:Do they offer the turbo in the sedan? The 4 door SS's used to just be trim when the coupes used the supercharger.

driver dude. streetfire is where I saw the vids of the guys running mid to upper 13's with simple bolt ons.
Well 6 people showed they couldn't cut it, can you?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Driver can be good for a second or more in a ZO6...

I like the potential to add the port injection manifold to a direct injection engine and run dual injectors... Not sure how much aftermarket is available to increase fuel flow with DI.
CincinnatiFiero

That's my point, I have friends that see the one factory freak with a really good driver and accept it as the norm. Not hating on you or your driving shaun. But if one person runs 13 and everyone else runs 14 I wouldn't flat out assume you'd run a 13. However our track is known to be slippery which wasn't helping the shitty fwd traction. Its like that Z06 that runs 10.8, thats faster than other people in ZR1s.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I sent some emails to homies within GM and will call you tonight shaunfag.

I say do it. 100K powertrain warranty..

Slap some NaWZ on that whoore and call it a day.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

They did, but they just recently announced that it's discontinued for the '10 model year. Only the SS coupe will be available next year. If you want a brand new SS sedan, buy now, esp. before Cash for Clunkers runs out Nov. 1. Otherwise, you're buying used.
<Insert Sig Here>
CincinnatiFiero

Yeah won't they give him $5k for Kohburns car... :-D

I'd do it shaun, I'm just being my irritating self about how fast it is.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

LOL my fiero doesn't qualify for the $4500 rebate. Its too efficient according to Obama. It seems only the auto cars qualify with the v6 and none with manuals.

Well there goes that idea.

CincinnatiFiero