WTB: 84-87 Front Poly kit, Front/Rear aftermarket sway bars,

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

doublec4

WTB: 84-87 Front Poly kit, Front/Rear aftermarket sway bars,

Post by doublec4 »

Just as the title suggests,

I'm looking for a few suspension pieces...

Front poly control arm kit 84-87
Aftermarket Front/Rear sway bars 84-87
Pieces to make rear coil overs

Please post what you have :)
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: WTB: 84-87 Front Poly kit, Front/Rear aftermarket sway bars,

Post by Aaron »

I have stock sway bars (Front and rear), from my 88 car, not sure if those will work or not.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Probably not what you want to hear, but Summit will sell you just the front upper and lower control arm Poly kit in one set. Its $45, I can get you the P/N if you want. Its what I did.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

UHMW > Poly

Are you sure that what you want to do is go to a stiffer bar and increase the mismatch between roll damping and jounce/rebound damping?
doublec4

Post by doublec4 »

I tried to go through summit for the front poly, but being in Canada, they want to screw me for the shipping. It's ridiculous.

The dark side of will,

not sure what UHMW is... but I'm looking for stiffer front and rear bars, the front being stiffer, like a heavy duty 1 inch.

Can you expand on the mismatch between roll damping and jounce/rebound damping?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

UHMW = ultra high molecular weight (polyethylene). It's a much better bushing material than urethane. Urethane is sticky and is used for bushings because it can be poured and shaped easily. UHMW must be machined, but is slipperier and has better wear characteristics. West Coast Fiero has UHMW bushings.

Some of us here have found that it's very easy to put too much bar on a Fiero, especially in the rear. That's what I was trying to get you to ask about on Old Europe when I asked if "which is stiffer?" is the question you really want to ask.

The shocks/struts have to damp the motions of the body in both roll and jounce/rebound. If the dampers are matched to the springs, then the body motions will be damped in jounce and rebound. However, if you add a bar to that mix, that increases the stiffness of the chassis in roll and means that the dampers can not control body motion in roll to the same extent that they can in jounce/rebound. The result of too much bar on the back of a Fiero is an increase in the tendency for the snap oversteer for which Fieros are (in)famous.
doublec4

Post by doublec4 »

Is it the same effect if the rear bar is balanced by a heavier front bar though? Or will I still experience the snap oversteer (been there, done that, wasnt fun)

As for the dampers, I would love to go to Koni's but those are some serious cash :(