Redyno'd the whip W/VIDEO

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

GmetalGT

Re: Redyno'd the whip W/VIDEO

Post by GmetalGT »

What up Shaun? Is this the same 3.4 I sold you? havent been around in a while.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

What up homie?? You have been gone awhile thats for sure. No its not the same motor you sold me. I popped that one about 2 years ago now maybe. Took the ringlands off the top of two pistons from a tank of bad gas. I still drove it like that for almost a year though and still raced it with only 4 good cylinders. That was a good motor though. Its a shame it didn't last as long as it could have. I picked up this other motor over a year ago I think and put it in because I got pulled over because the other motor had so much blow by the cop thought something was wrong. When that happened I figured it was time to swap it in. I would have to go back and look over my old posts to see exactly when I swapped motors.

you staying out of trouble?
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

Yea. I moved to Cape Cod for a new job. Got rid of the fiero, still have the SRT but looking to either trade it in on a Vette or keep it (paid off) and get a new project. Maybe a turn key Swapped fiero. Hence why I've showed up again. We'll see what I do next spring.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Interested in a 3.4 DOHC turbo?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

Did you build it?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yup. 417whp on 8 pounds.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

you said it was 14 lbs not 8.

I also have a dohc 3.4 turbo that I would sell too. Its kohburns old car on here.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

Honest Don

Post by Honest Don »

Nice numbers, especially considering the tune! :good:
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Why spray when you could just turn the boost up... you have a 400whp turbo...
My fiero is cheaper than yours. The end.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

actually its a 600 whp turbo but the prom limits me as to how much boost I can run. I have it tricked for now to allow me to run more then 10 psi but not sure how hi I can go. So I make up the difference with nitrous.

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:actually its a 600 whp turbo but the prom limits me as to how much boost I can run. I have it tricked for now to allow me to run more then 10 psi but not sure how hi I can go. So I make up the difference with nitrous.
Are you on the stock computer or 7730?

You have a 3.4 block... convert to DIS ignition and run a 7730 with $8F code... you'll never have any boost control problems ever again.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I am still on the stock computer with a modified chip for boost. the boost controll problem is in the 8f code. That is the tgp code correct? GM put a boost protection in from the factory. Basically its a fuel cut if it sees over 10 psi of boost. In my experience it takes about 2 seconds or so of this overboost before the computer cuts fuel.

Factory tgp's were computer limited on boost. I think they came stock with around 7-8 lbs of boost if I am not mistaken. I have seen aftermarket chip guys modify the program to get the car to run more boost, but it was only up to 12 psi or so. I don't know where this part of the code is in the programming and neither does Ryan who did my chip.

But even so if I was to run a 8f code, I would still have a fuel cut problem from running more boost then allowed.

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I know it isn't completely reliable information, but I personally drove a TGP that was running 15lbs, and it's not at all uncommon for them to do so after playing with the chip *shrugs*
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo