86 DOHC 10K miles / C5 Corvette Brakes / 18" Wheels

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

draven

86 DOHC 10K miles / C5 Corvette Brakes / 18" Wheels

Post by draven »

I bought this from procarnut at the beginning of this year, however with the arrival of twins I simply don't have the time to give it or drive as it sits in my garage most all the time. The car is a wonder to drive and the DOHC install and custom intake manifold are second to none. I will have pictures up soon but for the interim here are procarnut's pictures and videos of the car as it was sold to me. The only thing I've done to it is wash it and put a new battery in it. ( and watch it sit motionless in my garage....now that's a fiero crime if I ever heard of one...)

Brief list of mods:
97 DOHC Crate motor with ~10K miles
97 ECU reprogrammed (GMTuners) for use with 5spd
Poly bushings throughout
Aluminum Cradle bushings
Aluminum Underdrive pully
Custom intake manifold
Custom 3" exhaust with custom exhaust manifold
Flowmaser 60 series muffler
Hi-Flo 3" CAT
Corvette C5 brake conversion with willwood proportioning valve and max gauge
18" wheels with yokohama rubber
Custom functional decklid scoop
Custom function hood scoop for highspeed air evacuation
Fog lights
Custom molded fire wall speaker boxes with two 10" subs
96 grand prix radio cassette / CD
Corvette Seats
Rear tie-rod Bump Steer correction
GM Torch Red paint
Custom diamond plate dash trim
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Custom 6 puck clutch with 500+lbs of clamping force yet very easy to engage/disengage...

It is literally the fiero that I dreamed about owning but priorities have forced me to sell.

Until I can get some new pics up here are procarnut's video and pics of the car.

http://s58.photobucket.com/...current=100_2195.flv

$5500 OBO

The engine still has more in it to unlock. The rev limiter is set to a conservative 7200 for this engine but he cut it off well before that due to the A/F mixture beginning to lean, so larger injectors and a re-tune are in order.

Obviously the car has far more in it that what I'm asking, I'm simply trying to get back what it cost me to purchase and ship from Texas to Georgia
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Re: 86 DOHC 10K miles / C5 Corvette Brakes / 18" Wheels

Post by crzyone »

Wow, really nice car. That torque curve is as flat as a table top, amazing how it doesn't fall off. Looks like that upper intake must work fairly well.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

good power curve. A larger throttle body would see more hp. The stocker fiero one I am sure is hindering it a bit.

good luck with the sale.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:good power curve. A larger throttle body would see more hp. The stocker fiero one I am sure is hindering it a bit.

good luck with the sale.

The car now has or least it did when I last saw it--A LS1 TB and a much larger upper intake tube to match the TB.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

draven wrote:Image
I didn't see this in the mod list. Is it included?
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

MstangsBware wrote:
Shaun41178(2) wrote:good power curve. A larger throttle body would see more hp. The stocker fiero one I am sure is hindering it a bit.

good luck with the sale.

The car now has or least it did when I last saw it--A LS1 TB and a much larger upper intake tube to match the TB.

I also believe this to be the case, IIRC the engine pic is from when engine man first put the car together like 2 years ago.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

That car has a very good tune.
draven

Post by draven »

Fuck it! I'm keeping it....

Anyone selling their hptuner software/hardware?

Steven, I'd like to bump heads with you and figure out why the torque on this thing is so flat across the board vs other DOHC's that spike up into the 200+ level around 5500 rpm.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

draven wrote:Fuck it! I'm keeping it....

Anyone selling their hptuner software/hardware?

Steven, I'd like to bump heads with you and figure out why the torque on this thing is so flat across the board vs other DOHC's that spike up into the 200+ level around 5500 rpm.
Mine is flat too. I have 200+ ft lbs from 2200 to 5700 RPM... It probably has something to do with our short runner intakes.
My overall torque is a lot higher than your motor; that's probably because of my larger throttle body. My horsepower peak is not at as high of an RPM though, because my tune up top is awful.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

If i recall properly, that pic of the engine bay is old. He put on a larger upper plenum and throttle body before he sold the car.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
draven

Post by draven »

Yes it has a much larger plenum and throttle body on it now. The throttle body is from either a N* or LS1. I'll get some pics up tonight..

I believe his dyno was run with the stock injectors, smaller plenum and DOHC throttle body. So a retune with 36# injectors, the larger plenum and TB is due quickly as it's running pig rich...

mw