I has a Jeep

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: I has a Jeep

Post by Aaron »

They actually handle really well for what they are. They embarrass the TBSS around the slalom and in overall feel. I'm doing it more for the look anyways.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Aaron wrote:They actually handle really well for what they are. They embarrass the TBSS around the slalom and in overall feel. I'm doing it more for the look anyways.
GM never could choose tires, ( come on, Gatorbacks instead of either COMP T/As { dry } or Potenza RE71s { wet } on the late '80s /early '90s IROCs and 'vettes ?!?! ) ( nor get the shocks right ) until they started using the Nurburgring. Which I'm thinking the TBSS didn't get taken to, yet.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

ANY GM car prior to their Nurburgring years had the same suspension:

-Soft springs for ride
-HUGE bars to stay flat in the corners
-Dampers that were ridiculously inappropriate to both.

I test drove a C5 that had "GM Corporate Suspension Tuning". It cornered flat but had a hell of a lot of underdamped vertical movement when hitting bumps in the corners. I have absolutely no idea how anyone could possibly put such a suspension combo together...
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I'm going to do a set of 180s again, and they'll be all stainless this time. For now this is just my notes, for dimensions and things like that, until I get started.

Anyone know anywhere cheap for stainless mandrel bends?
Anyone know the degrees before bottom dead center that the exhaust valve opens?

SRT8 6.1 is 6,059cc (757.375cc X 8), 4.055" x 3.58" (103 mm x 90.9 mm), 420tq at 4800rpm. Firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. So the header will be like the N*, where it collects the end cylinders on one side with the middle cylinders of the other side.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

A guy on the SRT forums said the exhaust valve opens 251* before top dead center, so 71* before BDC?

Using that, tuning for a 4800rpm torque peak, I get a primary length of 41.4", and a first phase primary diameter of 1.73" (1 3/4"), and a first phase primary length of 11". The second phase primary will bump up to 1 7/8", and run for the rest of the primary.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

What formulas are you using? From what source?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Same ones I used, and explained to you once before, for the N* headers.

They're from A. Graham's book "Four Stroke Performance Tuning."
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Aaron wrote:A guy on the SRT forums said the exhaust valve opens 251* before top dead center, so 71* before BDC?

Using that, tuning for a 4800rpm torque peak, I get a primary length of 41.4", and a first phase primary diameter of 1.73" (1 3/4"), and a first phase primary length of 11". The second phase primary will bump up to 1 7/8", and run for the rest of the primary.
That would be the opening at advertised, not at 0.050" tappet lift.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

What happened with this. It doesn't take this fuckin long to get a car does it?
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

THE PUNISHER wrote:What happened with this. It doesn't take this fuckin long to get a car does it?
Actually, it does.

Coincidentally, I got it in today! However, like about 3800 other Jeeps, it has a Stop Sale Order on it for a faulty passenger side dash cover. I guess in rare circumstances, the airbag will not blow through the dash, so they have to replace the dash before they can sell it to me. But I did get to drive it, and man is it fucking awesome. I love it. I'll have pics tonight or tomorrow.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

So they got it in yesterday, and everything seemed good. And then I read the piece of paper on the dash that said "Stop Sale Order." Apparently Daimler Chrysler can't even get a vehicle that they've been building for 5 years now to a dealership without fucking it up. I guess there's a small chance that the passenger airbag will not blow through the dash, and thus the Federal Government has ordered something like 3800 2010s to be put on hold until a new dash is installed. So now my brand new fucking car has to have its dash replaced. This pisses me off because it may not ever be perfect again. The dash was installed from the factory, like it should be. I'm afraid the new one might have a broken clip, might not fit perfect, etc. I guess I'll see.

I still love it. There isn't a single thing I don't like about it right now. It's so much better than I thought it would be. Since my dealer wouldn't let me take it home, I brought in a floor jack and my tools, and put my new hood and my swaybar links on right there in their parking lot. They weren't too happy about that, but throughout the day they were extremely helpful, doing everything they could, and letting me get away with a lot of things. There's a reason I went to this dealership, and it's the same reason I'll go back. Please excuse my friend, he is jealous and wanted sexual relations with my Jeep all day...

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

looks like your getting close! Shiity deal about the airbag cover, but whats a few more days wait after this? I wouldnt be concerened about the techs changing the dash, just because something is installed in the factory does not mean it's perfect to begin with, might be better when they finish.

As I said earlier, it does nothing for me looks wise, but it's your vehicle, not mine, hope ya have fun with it and it treats you right.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

I really wish they put a tire on it with a little more sidewall.

Other than that, congrats! Hope you enjoy it.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

There was one at Keystone today. For some reason I thought they had the SRT badge in the grill. I guess not though after confirming with these pics. They look good I think.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:There was one at Keystone today. For some reason I thought they had the SRT badge in the grill. I guess not though after confirming with these pics. They look good I think.
No they don't, but mine will come Wednesday!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
dgzfiero
Live from Ard's Cricket Ranch

Post by dgzfiero »

Anymore updates yet?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ya sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy driving!

I got the lowering springs put on, and I got a full stainless Corsa exhaust put on. The springs are a bit harsh, but damn this thing handles. It never runs out of traction, it will just turn harder and harder all day long, and the input response is amazing. I swear, this thing feels nothing like a SUV. The HEMI is spectacular. It is horrifically violent off the line. It explodes from a stand still. I have never driven a car that is this quick from a dig, it is astonishing. The torque converter puts it right at 3,000, and your head slams into the headrest. The stereo is really awesome for a factory setup, although I'm not into modifying the audio much, I have before, and I know a good system when I hear it. For a single 10" sub it is a bit disappointing on bass, but I'm not big into bass so it's got plenty. We have been getting snow every night, and the Jeep is exceptional in the snow. Despite having really wide street tires, it feels right at home in snow and ice. It's kind of deceiving, because you forget that you're even on snow and ice, there's so much traction. I never felt ABS, and the tires rarely spun off the line, unless I hammered it, and even then, with the tires slipping, it was completely uneventful. Thing just launched forward, straight as an arrow.

All in all, I absolutely love it. People stare it down like no other car I've driven, and it sounds amazing with the new exhaust (Too quiet from the factory). I've got just over 320 miles on it right now, and I can't wait to put more. I'm pretty much done modifying it for a while, I'm super happy with it, and don't want to mess with my warranty. Too bad the weather sucks, but I'll get some new pics in a few days.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Post some more pics!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I'm finally getting around to posting some pics of it sitting on the lowering springs, and with the SRT emblem. Pics came out ok. It's got just under 1200 miles on it as we speak, and God is it fantastic. The engine must be broken in and loosening up a bit, because it feels a lot quicker than it did when it was new, it's noticeably more powerful. I'll be lining up a race with my Dad's 2002 SS Camaro 6-speed come this summer. I'll destroy him off the line, but I think he'll catch back up through the 1/4mi.

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Dyno tests show a 50whp gain with intake/tune/exhaust, so I'm working on getting that setup. I've got my tune ready, just not uploaded yet, and I've got my LS1 intake box, which I'll be using to fabricate a ram-air setup with the hood, on the way. With just these mods I should be in the 12.8 range. I've also got a billet catch can and a full set of interior LEDs on the way.

Jeep is still amazing. I was getting ready to get on the highway, and a 2002ish Mustang GT pulled out from behind me, to beside me at the light, thinking he would get on the highway first. That car was damn slow.

I've got a date with a Mercedes ML63 AMG at the 1/8mi track in San Diego this April. It's going to be close, I'll destroy him from a dig, and with my mods, should be able to hold him off up top as well.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo