FS: 1986 Jetta GL, GRM or LeMons?

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

FS: 1986 Jetta GL, GRM or LeMons?

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I bought a 1991 Jetta Diesel and got this car as part of the deal. I don't want it and honestly its too nice to just scrap, so I figured I'd try to sell it first.

Here's what I know, previous owner bought it as a parts car, it had an immaculate interior. He removed the interior. I was told it didn't have a motor, but had a trans. When I picked the car I up I found that it has the motor, but no trans. The trans is what supports the motor, so the motor is kind of just hanging there. It is a single cam, which I believe makes it a 1.8 8v, tell me I'm wrong, I probably am. My other parts car is a *running* single cam 1990 1.8 8v as well, but supposedly it only runs on 3 cylinders, don't know, don't care, I am in this for the diesel. I have never started the 1990 gas car, nor tried to mess with the 1986 motor. 1990 car has 220,000 miles I think, don't know about the 1986. I can find out this weekend.

Here is what I'm thinking, $150 obo for the 1986 car the way it sits. I'll do the motor and trans out of the other car for $50-$75. So like $200 for the package. You'd get two motors and a trans that way.

What I've got for the car that will be included. Factory headlights, the passenger taillight if you need it. I am supposed to go pick up the interior he pulled out of this car, so I should get the gauge cluster and seats. I've got bumpers if you need them.

I got these in the deal, neuspeed springs on tokico blues for rears then some green spring on unmarked black struts. I'd sell them if you wanted them.

Kind of bouncing ideas around, sorry if this is hard to read. I'd rather sell it to someone who will make something out of it. ON THE OTHER hand, scrap is really high, so I know it isn't worth $50.

It was not obviously rusty and I have a key and the title.

This could be a good GRM car or probably 24 hours of LeMons or similar car.