1986 Fiero SE V6, low miles, well maintained!

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

fieromadman

1986 Fiero SE V6, low miles, well maintained!

Post by fieromadman »

This 1986 Fiero SE has been in our family since new. We have most every record of everything ever done to the car. It was originally owned by my aunt and uncle (my dads sister and brother in law) in Connecticut. It was a daily driver, but not for long. It was then moved to Florida and stayed at their condo there for MANY years. Well as they aged, they decided to get something more practical for their vacation home and offered the car to us. This was in 2005. When we received the car it had about 39000 miles on it. My dad has been using it as a pleasure car and commuter to work in the summer since and its currently got about 69000 miles on it. I'm not going to say that this car has never seen salt, but its exposure has been low. Since we have owned it it has seen winter roads a handful of times when we were down a car for whatever reason and needed it. Otherwise it has always been stored in winter.

Now for the condition of this car. I would feel comfortable rating it overall a 7.5 out of 10. It's got some issues but nothing un-fixable. The mechanics of the car are a 9 out of 10 for sure, being that the axle seals are the only thing wrong mechanically (more on that later). Interior I would give a 9 out of 10. It needs some cleaning and the vinyl is peeling up in some areas, but all in all very nice shape for the age of the car, and VERY restore-able with some TLC. Paint and body is all good in the aspect that there is no broken plastic, no broken glass or anything like that, but the sail panels are cracking (common of course), and although there is no clearcoat flaking that I know of it is definitely duller than it should be. The fact that the car is silver really saves it from looking bad. Also somehow the paint got ate through in a few places on the decklid of the car, perhaps by battery acid? It has been touched up but is noticeable up close. For these reasons I would give the body a 7 out of 10.

Some major things that have been done to the car since we got it is that we took the engine and cradle completely out and replaced the clutch, fixed a leaky back exhaust manifold, ported the exhaust manifolds, fixed an EGR issue, and replaced the tranny mounts with Rodney Dickmans poly mounts. We also replaced the rear calipers, and did all the brake rotors and pads all around. We just put new tires on the rear of the car and the fronts are looking pretty good yet. It was also just re-aligned. It needs the axle seals replaced, and we have the parts that will either come with the car or for a little more money we can have it done before you take ownership. I'm sure there is more that we did to it, and I'll update as time goes on here.

The options that this car is lacking would be t-tops (sunroof instead), performance sound, and leather. Otherwise I think that this car is loaded. It is a 4 speed manual. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. If you want to call or text about the car shoot me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.

Asking $2125, according to Paul V's price guide found here: http://home.xnet.com/~paulv/Price%20Guide.htm

Now for pictures:

(note the decklid is popped in this picture, not misaligned)

(front badge is missing)

(you can see some touch up paint on the decklid in this picture)

(trunk corners, this one is clean)

(minimal rust on this one, its not all the way through in any place, grinding and painting would take care of it)

(could use detailing, but runs great!)

(drivers seat)

(passenger seat)

VIDEO:

Look forward to hearing from you!
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
fieromadman

Re: 1986 Fiero SE V6, low miles, well maintained!

Post by fieromadman »

SOLD!
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes