bought a new dd

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

I_wear_pants

bought a new dd

Post by I_wear_pants »

I was looking for something that got good mpgs and was still a fun driver, so i picked up an 01 Integra gsr. It is my first honda so its a bit different than what I'm used to, but so far I'm really liking the car. It is a bone stock one owner car which is pretty hard to find in a teg. So far my plans for the car are just basic bolt ons, and some drop springs. I'll get some pics up this weekend...
befarrer

Re: bought a new dd

Post by befarrer »

By "bolt ons', do you mean stick on? lol

Is that the body style with the 4 round headlights? The Integra's are pretty nimble cars, need pics!!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

please dont' lower it. They ride like shit when lowered. They bounce all over the place even on the smallest bumps.

I see lowered hondas all over the place here and I can't stand how they ride when lowered. leave it stock ride height you will be happier with it.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

No, they ride like shit when lowered the cheap but wrong way. Nothing inherently wrong with lowering if you do all of the following:
maintain decent camber and caster, keep the tires from ever rubbing on anything, keep it off the bumpstops, maintain adequate jounce travel, keep the shocks in the middle of their range at cruising ride height, maintain some means of getting over speedbumps and out of driveways without scraping, and be sure nothing on the chassis hangs below the rims, in case of a flat tire. Most kids just torch the coils and call it a day. California should crush those cars to teach their owners a lesson about the costs of unsafe mods.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Where I worked summers in college I knew a guy who had a 98 or 99 GSR. It was pretty nice. Really nice for the time and decently quick. The B18C5 is a nice powerplant.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

So that makes you just a 20-something year old kid. Damn.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

I turned 30 August of last year... the day before my first trip outside the wire, wherein I moved to FOB Loyalty.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I thought you were mid 40s, based on your typing.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I thought B18C5 is the Type-R motor.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

CincinnatiFiero wrote:I thought B18C5 is the Type-R motor.
You're probably right about that. It's been a while since I knew all the Honduh designations. B16A3 was in the Civic Si. I guess I don't remember what the GS-R engine was. I must be getting old. Wikipedia says B18C1.

A 4.0 litre 480 HP V8 based on the F20C1 would have been a sweet engine for the NSX.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Not just NSX, but also S2000. But Honda has a corporate policy of "No V8s for the street, ever, no matter what!" It may not be written, but there's more than enough evidence of it.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Honda isn't about V8s, it's just not in their blood. We'll have to get used to it. I'd like to see a V6 S2k though, it'd be nice if you didn't have to bounce of the limiter to make torque. Updated version of the NSX motor... say 350hp n/a?
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Didn't Honda do some Indy V8s? Some little 1.5L things that turn 13,000 rpm? Let's have those in the S2000.
I_wear_pants

Post by I_wear_pants »

Still havent gotten any decent pics of the car, but I have been getting alot done on it. So far I installed koni yellows w/ eibach ground control coil overs, skunk 2 front upper control arms, function 7 rear lcas, comptech 22mm rear adjustable sway bar w/ comptech rear subframe brace, b&m short throw shifter w/ poly shifter bushings, greddy EVO catback, and a blox 3" velocity stack style air intake. I have a rmf replica header on order now so hopefully that will be in by the end of the week. I'm polishing out a set of 15" slipstreams to put on it too. Ive been having alot of fun messing with the car, and even managing to get 30-33 mpgs with mixed driving. It has been pretty refreshing to mess with a car with a huge aftermarket after doing fieros all of this time. I'll get some pics sometime soon just havent had a chance to get any good ones yet.