Amanda Knox

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Atilla the Fun

Amanda Knox

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Now they're trying to charge her parents with slander, and imprison the parents.
I sent an e-mail. The address is: stampa.washington@esteri.it
Here's what I sent:
To whomever receives this, please forward it to the very top of your governmental hierarchy.
Dear Italy,
No matter what the facts about the case are, the global fact is you're losing face, and making EVERYONE on Earth HATE you. Admit you did wrong, drop the charges against the parents, and give Amanda Knox a fair trial in a neutral nation, and Imprison those Italians responsible for this whole thing. Or are you low life pond scum gonna try to charge me with slander, too? You can't get me, I'm safe in the most powerful nation there ever has been and ever will be. I will be sharing this letter, and asking my friends to send you similar, just so you can begin to get a sense of how very wrong you've done.
An outraged American.
Indy

Re: Amanda Knox

Post by Indy »

The slander charge was taking it too far. Very petty, but sometimes people forget that there is a consequence for everything, even the spoken word. I doubt her parents are too worried, considering they're chilling in Washington state right now. I'd put the odds of the US extraditing for a slander charge as pretty close to 0. What Italians are you referring to that need to be imprisoned?

I fail to see how the Kertcher murder/Knox trial+conviction is anything special when held against the long, long list of convictions based on circumstantial evidence in our own country. When my country infringes upon our legal or constitutional rights to appease relationships with the justice departments of other countries (you know, more than they do right now), THEN I'll become outraged. Until then, it's just another person I don't know getting prison time for a crime they probably comitted.
Atilla the Fun

Re: Amanda Knox

Post by Atilla the Fun »

The whole point of "Freedom of Speech" is to protect us from consequences for speaking our minds. It's not like they sent letters to Italian media, they merely spoke to American media. And as they are Americans, in America, Italy cannot charge them with anything for that.
We saved Italy from Hitler, they owe us an awful lot. Way more than just this. I've never met Amanda, I'm not on her website, ( created by her friends ) but her government is failing her. We have the right to expect better than what she's getting.