Worked my way up through HPDE and into Time Trials!

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Unsafe At Any Speed

Worked my way up through HPDE and into Time Trials!

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

This past Saturday I got signed off for NASA HPDE 4, and now that I had a successful day in 4 on Sunday I can get my Time Trials competition license. I'm pretty excited about that and can't wait to start competing. I'll be running the V in TTB.
Shaun41178(2)

Re: Worked my way up through HPDE and into Time Trials!

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

i am happy for you. but could you explain? I be dumb
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Unsafe At Any Speed

Re: Worked my way up through HPDE and into Time Trials!

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Well by NASAs club rules, there are four levels of High Performance Driving Events/Education.

1: For road course beginners. You always have an instructor in the car with you. Very limited passing areas and the requirement to follow the 'school' line as it's safer.
2: Once you get signed off by an instructor, you can move to this group and drive solo. 2s run at the same time as 1s and follow the same rules.
3: Getting here requires a check ride from a group leader. 3s run in their own group with more passing areas, you get to experiment with your lines and various drills like flying starts and such.
4: Big jump from 3 to 4. Must get a check ride from the head instructor. In 4, there is open passing everywhere so being predictable and aware is very important.

Time Trials: Once you've ran one successful full day in HPDE 4, you can get your Time Trials license and compete. Every car is assigned a base class. Each mod you do is assessed points and for every 20 points you move up a class. Hence my V base classes in TTC, but with the mods I have done and plan to do I move up to TTB. The best lap of the day decides the winner in each class.