WTB: '88 V6 5-spd for $500 or less

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Chase Race

Re: WTB: '88 V6 5-spd for $500 or less

Post by Chase Race »

Thanks for the heads up, Nashco. I hadn't received any email notifications from the board for this thread and I haven't check in in a while.

I saw that $1k Formula on craigslist. There's also an '88 5-spd 4cyl in the area that's down to like $800 now. I've always been a V6 guy but after meeting up with a guy who has some really strong 4cyl Fieros it makes me want to play with one of those.

I'm not jumping on that Formula because I've recently filled up all my extra space with three other project cars. Two Cadillac Cateras (fixer upper and sell) and a crashed Miata (part out). So for the time being I'll wait for an even better deal.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA
425-269-5636
Chase Race

Post by Chase Race »

Nashco wrote:If you end up doing a crapcan Fiero and there's space on the team, I would be interested in building and driving.
Will do!
Nashco wrote:I can't recall if you've done any Chump Car stuff yet...I'm trying to recall if you were at their PIR event on halloween but my mind is blank. If not, you should definitely check it out. I enjoyed Chump Car much more than LeMons, and there's a 24 hour event in Spokane this summer. Even if there's no time to build a Fiero before then, it might be worth dragging one of those other cars out to Spokane for a TRUE 24 hour race. 24 hours straight is WAY more fun than the banker's hours racing, in my opinion.

Bryce
I was at the Chump Car race at PIR but not driving. I'll be doing the same this year. Tagging along with the Autosport Labs Miata. They're not doing Spokane but will be at PIR. We'll also be at Buttonwillow this fall, but will probably miss Thunderhill in August. Although a real 24 hour race is great, I actually prefer LeMons as a series. It has a much more fun ireverrant attitude whereas ChumpCar tries to be serious. Come on, how serious can you be racing $500 junkers?

I just think the LeMons formula works better. Seems like Chumpcar took out all the stuff that makes LeMons so fun, and replaced it with more rules.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Duvall, WA
425-269-5636
Chase Race

Post by Chase Race »

Nashco wrote:it's no fun to do well if you know you're cheating.
That's the thing about LeMons. Cheating is allowed and expected. :-D
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Duvall, WA
425-269-5636
Chase Race

Post by Chase Race »

Atilla the Fun wrote:today I found not 1 but 2 '88 Fieros with salvageable rear cradles and rear suspensions, but on both of them, I had the left rear bolt out about 1/2" when the weld nus started spinning in the frame. GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, I'm about a month late on this, but where are they? Any where near the Seattle area?

Others have given good tips on getting that bolt loose. I had to do this the first time I removed the cradle on my Formula.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Duvall, WA
425-269-5636
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

sawzall?
KissMySSFiero