3.4 DOHC Heads, 2.8L Upper Intak

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Emc209i

3.4 DOHC Heads, 2.8L Upper Intak

Post by Emc209i »

Rebuilt - 3.4 DOHC Heads

These are a professionally rebuilt set of heads, rebuilt by Bush Machine in Winston Salem, NC. The heads were originally from a 150,000 mi. '95 Monte Carlo engine. I had the engine overhauled and in the process sent the heads out as well.

What was done:

Both heads were disassembled and cleaned, checked for cracks, then reassembled with all new valve guides, valves, valve springs, valve seals, locks, and retainers. A complete overhaul. Here's a picture of them installed with the cam carriers going back on top:

Well, several thousand miles in I had to replace a gasket, and accidentally put it on backwards (it looked almost symmetrical). Coolant got into the oil and made short work of a rod bearing. So I tore the engine down and swapped an L67. These heads have been packaged up safely on a shelf ever since.

Well recently, someone came to me looking for advise on what to do to find a replacement set of DOHC heads - he didn't know I had a pair on the shelf. He told me the cheapest pair he could find were from Autozone and would cost $800 for a refurbished pair!! I told him I'd sell him my set of heads for $350. He never got back to me. I looked it up, and sure enough, prices for refurbished heads are ridiculous; $400 each! So, I thought I'd put these out there in case someone was in need of a pair of nice heads.

Here's some pictures taken as of tonight:

I'll do $300 picked up, or $350 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 for both heads. I take paypal.

Intake Manifolds - Engraved and Non

These both need some paint, but are in good shape.

Engraved: $50.00 Shipped
Non: $30.00 Shipped to lower 48

1986 Pontiac GT Steering Column

Tilt, cruise, manual transmission. The column HAS been broken down to tighten the four torx bolts at the base. So this will not need to be serviced anytime in the near future. Everything works great. I even have the key. If you want the steering wheel I'll throw that in too.

Price: $80 Shipped to lower 48

=========================================================================================

Any questions or concerns, just let me know.

-Paul