New Daily Driver-Subaru content inside.

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

New Daily Driver-Subaru content inside.

Post by AkursedX »

After 2.5 years with my Jetta Sportwagen TDI, I decided to make a change. We bought my wife a CPO 2009 Mazda 5 back in August and that has now become our primary road-trip vehicle. It fits my wife, 2-year old son, 3-month old daughter, and my 100lb german shepherd much more comfortably that what my Jetta did.

Now that I didn't need the Jetta for road trip duties, I decided to look around for something a little more fun. My only criteria was that it had to AWD (I wanted something good in the snow), and I had to be able to fit the kids in it. After looking at a pristine 25k mile 2005 Evolution, a couple of 2008 VW R32's with 39k and 47k miles, I finally decided on a CPO 2011 Subaru WRX with 44k miles.

This car is going to be a really great DD. It has a nice ride, the 5-speed transmission has a really nice easy to drive clutch, and the AWD provides some fun handling (Although it still has the common Subaru understeer). The 265hp turbo engine definitely feels fast and my car also came with a 3" Magnaflow exhaust and it sounds mean. In comparison to my RX8, it's certainly faster, but the RX8 still feels much more nimble and grippy.

I have already went on a short 50-mile drive with the family and the car holds the wife and kids and two strollers with no problems and the dash display indicated 26.5MPG. I can certainly live with that.

Here's the only pic I have right now as I didn't have time to take some good pics.

'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Shaun41178(2)

Re: New Daily Driver-Subaru content inside.

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

looks good. THe punisher on here used to sell Subarus. Expensive cars when new. 265 hp keeps its quick enough for daily driving. That's pretty good mpg too when fully loaded
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Nice purchase, AWD is def the way to go for a daily. Our Evo X is awesome in the snow, and we get a lot of it up here.

Mileage sucks with the Evo, but I knew that before buying it. Price you pay for a sporty AWD.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Expensive cars when new. 265 hp keeps its quick enough for daily driving. That's pretty good mpg too when fully loaded

Actually Subie's aren't really that expensive compared to similiar cars in their catagory.

--------------------------------

Akursed the 5 door really looks pretty good, IMO a major improvement over the 4 door's. Your gonna love the AWD in the winter.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Enh, I'm skeptical.

That may just be because I'm madly in love with TDi wagons. :roll:

Looks like a nice car, they sound so good with an exhaust. Any wheel plans?

At least its not a WR Blue STi. At this point 7 kids I went to engineering school with bought the new body STi hatch when they graduated. And 4 are WR Blue.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Enh, I'm skeptical.

That may just be because I'm madly in love with TDi wagons. :roll:

Looks like a nice car, they sound so good with an exhaust. Any wheel plans?

At least its not a WR Blue STi. At this point 7 kids I went to engineering school with bought the new body STi hatch when they graduated. And 4 are WR Blue.
As much as I love blue cars, I am very happy I got a red one for pretty much the reason you mention.

Wheel plans? It comes down to whether I'll have money for them. 9.5" wide wheels with an offset around 42mm and 265's will fit with no rubbing. Right now my choice would be some gold Rota Grids in 18x9.5. I have always loved gold wheels on red cars. That love goes all the way back to my 88GT when I 1st got it.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Sounds like a nice setup.

My only critique of the base WRX is they cheap out on the wheels from the factory. They made the body much bigger than the last generation but still put tiny wheels on them that sit a decent amount inside the fenders. It would look way more aggressive with 18x9.5s.

Found this on google, I used img tags but the image is huge.

http://i47.tinypic.com/1hhkx.jpg