Fixed-back seats

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Fixed-back seats

Post by Series8217 »

Since I don't DD my Fiero anymore I'm considering ditching the Corbeau A4s (reclining) for sturdier, lighter fixed-back seats.

For those of you with fixed-back racing seats:
* What do you have?
* How do they fit?
* How much do they weigh?
* How do you like them?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Re: Fixed-back seats

Post by crzyone »

Cobra Imola

Fit very snug in the hip area, almost uncomfortably so but I was going that way anyways.

Around 8.2 kg per seat or 18lbs. I don't think that includes the mounts but they are very light as well, just aluminum mounts.

I would probably buy them again. If I get into door to door racing with the GTR I will need new seats in a year. My FIA certification runs out then.

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I'm too big to fit in every racing seat I've ever tried.

I've been looking at a Kirkey for The Mule. I'll keep the stock passenger seat.
Kirkey can weld up a custom width/height aluminum seat, I think in both 10 and 20 degree layback styles. I've been meaning to grab a level and a tape measure and figure out what the layback is when the stock seat is in the only position in which I can drive it.

If I find the aluminum gets too hot to the touch when sitting in the sun on a summer day, I'll have a local upholstery shop whip something up. I think Kirkey may also have some upholstery options, but I may not be remembering that correctly.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

crzyone wrote:Cobra Imola

Fit very snug in the hip area, almost uncomfortably so but I was going that way anyways.

Around 8.2 kg per seat or 18lbs. I don't think that includes the mounts but they are very light as well, just aluminum mounts.

I would probably buy them again. If I get into door to door racing with the GTR I will need new seats in a year. My FIA certification runs out then.
Those look very nice. I have liked every Cobra I've sat in, even the ones that were too big for me. I think the M3 I'm driving next weekend has Cobra's in it. I haven't measured them to see if they'll fit in a Fiero though.

How wide are the Imolas at the widest point?
The Dark Side of Will wrote:I'm too big to fit in every racing seat I've ever tried.
Cobra makes some big seats. They're also VERY comfortable. Go to an autocross and try some seats.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I'm putting Sparco Evos in my CTS-V along with 4 point roll bar. I haven't driven with them yet but they're also at the 18 lbs weight point.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I like Sparco Evos. Pretty expensive though.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Series8217 wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote:I'm too big to fit in every racing seat I've ever tried.
Cobra makes some big seats. They're also VERY comfortable. Go to an autocross and try some seats.
I have short legs and long torso... I'm probably 99th percentile for sitting height. That's what kept me out of the EA-6B when I was in flight school.

I'm also a pretty solid 240 lbs, so I'm pretty wide, too. I pretty much wear a Fiero.

Because my spine's long, the curvature ends up in different locations than most seats are designed for.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I'm 5'8" so I pretty much fit everything. The Cobra seats are snug around the legs and hips. My seats definitely wouldn't fit you.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I always liked the look of the corbeau forza but I am not sure if they are too wide at the shoulder and might hit the window when rolled up with the door shut.

I am not sure if anyone has used them though. I think emx5636 had them in his formula maybe he could chime in.