Shop Equipment...

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

ericjon262

Re: Shop Equipment...

Post by ericjon262 »

Good news! the switch from the free compressor works flawlessly on the bigger compressor, the big compressor really moves some air too. I think it was a pretty darn good haul, a working, quiet compressor, for less than $75 to my shop, can't beat that!
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

IIRC, typical AC high side pressure is in the vicinity of 250 psi.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:28 pm IIRC, typical AC high side pressure is in the vicinity of 250 psi.
Thanks, that's good to know, that would make me very comfortable with an a/c condenser for the heat exchanger, and they can be had fairly cheaply from just about any junkyard in a very large capacity.

According to the google machine, high side pressure should approximately be 2x ambient temp, +50F. not sure how accurate that is, but should be around 200 psi.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

For an R-12 system? R-134 is a little different.
I know low side pressure is approximately the evaporator temp in an R-12 system.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

that's supposed to be for R134a, either way, I'm seeing about 200# for the high side on most of these, which should be more than adequate.