60V6 rocker shims

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

ericjon262

60V6 rocker shims

Post by ericjon262 »

I was talking to someone about "upgrading" rocker arms, and I mentioned it wouldn't be hard to make shims to correct geometry deficiencies base on higher lift of a performance cam, so I drew up some shims that work with 60V6 engines with 8mm rocker bolts. this can allow for some adjustability, but not necessarily fully correct for extreme camshafts. for each unit lift increase from stock, you should need approximately 0.5 unit shim thickness. this should bring the rocker sweep back to the center of the valve stem.

I'm more than happy to share the drawing with anyone who wants to try them, but I can't upload it here, the file extension (.dwg) isn't an accepted extension.

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: 60V6 rocker shims

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

For something that simple you could upload the .PDF as well. I'll see if I can make .dwg or .dxf accepted extensions
ericjon262

Re: 60V6 rocker shims

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:31 pm For something that simple you could upload the .PDF as well. I'll see if I can make .dwg or .dxf accepted extensions
That would be awesome! The design is as simple as you suggested, and depending on the required thickness, I may have a solution to the alignment tang issue for high lift applications, but I need to check the stock cam specs to see exactly how far off it gets.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."