My ghetto subwoofer

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

derangedsheep

My ghetto subwoofer

Post by derangedsheep »

I had a 10" on the floor in a box but it took up too much room. Sounded good, but too big. So until I cut up my firewall to mount it there I have this.

I picked it up off a teacher of mine. It's from a Boston Acoustics 2.1 computer set. As far as we can figure, the amp blew. He was going to throw them out but I took them. I drilled a hole in the back of the box and ran some wire in and hooked it up in the car.

It sounds pretty decent. Not earth shaking but about as good as a factory sub. I'm probably going to get a can of that spray paint for plastics (Krylon Fusion I think) and spray it black so it matches the interior a little better.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Award winner for "MOST GHETTO SPEAKER INSTALL" :thumbleft:

LMAO!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I don't know, there was that guy who was rocking the sawed off Sparkomatic Tube under his dash back in OE.

But yeah, that's pretty fuckin ghetto! :afrocool: Just like every stereo I had in high school. :thumbleft:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

You are indeed a Fiero owner.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

I knew a dude who had a power inverter plugged into his cig lighter socket, powering a home theater sub in his back seat. He'd turn the volume to a certain point, and things would be fine till he rolled down his windows... the power inverter would click off from overload. Almost made me want to shout "WESSSSIIIIIIIIDDEEEE!" and drink a 40 or something...
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Ohhh fawk! That had me laughing. Too bad you couldn't make it out today, would have liked to meet you.