DBW pedal adapter.

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

ericjon262

DBW pedal adapter.

Post by ericjon262 »

As you may have seen in my build thread, I converted my car to DBW. when I did it, I took measurements off of the bracket, and put it into a drawing so that anyone who need can either have them laser cut, or print the PDF and use it as a guide to make their own. This is based on my 1985 Fiero, and using a 2006 Grand Prix pedal, it may work with other pedals, but I won't make any promises. the bracket uses stock bolts to the chassis, and 2 M6 through bolts to hold the pedal.I made mine from some scrap 1/4" plate I had laying around because I thought the thinner metal I used for the mock up was flexing, when installed, I noticed the mount on the body has some flex in that area, so much thinner metal can be used, and spacers added to get desired fitment

The required pedal looks like this:

The triangular plastic spacer on the back is not used, and should be removed.

installed, you end up with this:

FWIW, those are 12.5 4E steel toe boots, so for normal people feet, not in giant boots there will be more room.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."