Check your jackstands!

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

ericjon262

Check your jackstands!

Post by ericjon262 »

if you use HF jackstands, they just issued a recall, it's worth checking.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/recalls ... mycdsjQgN0
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Check your jackstands!

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

LOL! I value my life too much to buy or use Harbor Freight jack stands.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:09 pm LOL! I value my life too much to buy or use Harbor Freight jack stands.
it worth mentioning, that it's not a bad practice to inspect things like jackstands prior to working under a car no matter who made them. I also would not be surprised if the vast majority of jackstands available are made in the same factory right next to HF stands.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ArthurPeale

Post by ArthurPeale »

Just the six ton? I've got their three ton (I think) which seem to have a lot of complaint videos on Youtube.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

as far as I looked into it, yes, just the 6 ton.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Thanks Eric.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Emc209i wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:55 pmThanks Eric.
No problem!