What number is this connector?

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

What number is this connector?

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

See circled. It's just under the ecm. The wires from here share the same bulkhead connector as the ecm wiring. NOT the c203.

I want to know what wires run through here.
20200524_161533~2.jpg
20200524_161533~2.jpg (565.57 KiB) Viewed 571 times
ericjon262

Re: What number is this connector?

Post by ericjon262 »

it definitely looks like every other C203 I have ever seen. I just took one apart yesterday.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

The c203 is on the bulkhead right? Thats what I thought

If what you say is true then what is the bulkhead connector on the passenger side running to the c500 numbered?
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The part on the bulkhead isn't actually a connector, it's just a grommet with lock tabs. it's stuck together with something that appears to be hot glue like you can get at a craft store. you can see in the first picture there's nothing around my wiring, and in the second, the pass throughs are installed. no wires were cut/crimped to install them, they just clamshell over.

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

From the 1985 FSM

EDIT:

Here's a more complete view to show the arrows on the bulkhead are for splices not connectors.

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Got it. I thought the connectors on the bulkheads had a number too. Appears they don't. Thanks for the info
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:30 pm Got it. I thought the connectors on the bulkheads had a number too. Appears they don't. Thanks for the info
no prob. the pass through is fairly easy to disassemble, the locks are all visible on the outside, just carefully heat it up with a heat gun and the glue will give pretty easy.