gas turbine fiero

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

ericjon262

gas turbine fiero

Post by ericjon262 »

well, I remember a post on here somewhere that a link to an auction for a gas turbine, that was jokingly suggested as an engine swap...

found on facebalk...

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=30 ... 7689829636

the business end:

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
pmbrunelle

Re: gas turbine fiero

Post by pmbrunelle »

The guy is moving overseas, and claims he can't take the car with him.

Asking price: $125000
(too much for someone else's project sloppy seconds, even though the car looks well-made)

Maybe he doesn't really want to sell, so he advertises for an exorbitant price, and then when it doesn't sell, he can tell his family that he tried to sell, it didn't work, so he gets to keep the car.

There's a guy local to me who says his Fiero is for sale, says he wants to sell, advertises for (in my opinion) too much money, and it's been going on like that for the last three years.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

pmbrunelle wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:25 pm The guy is moving overseas, and claims he can't take the car with him.

Asking price: $125000
(too much for someone else's project sloppy seconds, even though the car looks well-made)

Maybe he doesn't really want to sell, so he advertises for an exorbitant price, and then when it doesn't sell, he can tell his family that he tried to sell, it didn't work, so he gets to keep the car.

There's a guy local to me who says his Fiero is for sale, says he wants to sell, advertises for (in my opinion) too much money, and it's been going on like that for the last three years.
yeah, way too much for any fiero, especially one you can't drive anywhere, and I'm not aware of a racing class that allows gas turbine engines.

it looks well built, but completely pointless.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

It's an exhibition vehicle, like a jet dragster. A guy I work with has a jet power street luge that he uses for similar purposes.

All jets are expensive, so $125k might not be out of line for what went into it.

Looks like the intake screen is in the front half of the center tunnel... which makes me go WTF?
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:25 am It's an exhibition vehicle, like a jet dragster. A guy I work with has a jet power street luge that he uses for similar purposes.

All jets are expensive, so $125k might not be out of line for what went into it.

Looks like the intake screen is in the front half of the center tunnel... which makes me go WTF?

yeah, but all of us know that parts cost doesn't add value to a vehicle. I guess in this case, the parts are worth so much more than the car, that it might fetch a high price, but I still see no value.