CAD, Parametric Data, Drawings with Dimmensions of Suspension

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

CaptainHindsight

CAD, Parametric Data, Drawings with Dimmensions of Suspension

Post by CaptainHindsight »

I figured that you guys would know the best place to find this data. Where are the best links to Fiero suspension geometry in any form? I can move this info to tech links if there are any worthy.

https://bloozeown.weebly.com/rear-end/c ... tock-frame

Is what I found so far. I know that I have seen others.

I have been tempted to start an open source reverse engineering site to host user supplied measurements and drawings of every car part out there. The auto industries head would explode.
ericjon262

Re: CAD, Parametric Data, Drawings with Dimmensions of Suspension

Post by ericjon262 »

Will and I has been working on custom knuckles, I'm sure Will is much further along than I am though. Blooze has a ton of good drawings on his page, I don't think you'll find anything more detailed than that though.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Blooz has great drawings. They are obvs for '88 cars. No parallel data exists for early cars. There is some limited info in the shop manual about positions of reference points for the purpose of evaluating a Fiero tub for straightness following a collision.

I have partial CMM data for early and '88 rear knuckles as well as '88 front knuckles. I intend to get early spindles done as well, but I've been focusing on getting The Mule running.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I had an 88 rear upright professionally scanned by a shop that does aerospace work.

No entities other than the mesh but you can create them easily enough.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7b5ac ... 138ba60869

I am working on '88 front and rear knuckles that will take Corvette 5x4.75 as well as a 5x114.3 hub. I don't have a lot of free time to work on these things so don't ask when they'll be done... it may be years.
draven

Post by draven »

Series8217 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:14 pm I am working on '88 front and rear knuckles that will take Corvette 5x4.75 as well as a 5x114.3 hub. I don't have a lot of free time to work on these things so don't ask when they'll be done... it may be years.
When will they be done? :-D
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Series8217 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:14 pm I had an 88 rear upright professionally scanned by a shop that does aerospace work.

No entities other than the mesh but you can create them easily enough.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7b5ac ... 138ba60869

I am working on '88 front and rear knuckles that will take Corvette 5x4.75 as well as a 5x114.3 hub. I don't have a lot of free time to work on these things so don't ask when they'll be done... it may be years.
That's a great scan! I bet that cost a pretty penny!
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."