Track car footwell

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Track car footwell

Post by Series8217 »

Who is interested in an aluminum driver's side floor plate and dead pedal for Fieros without carpet? It provides a flat floor and a better location for the dead pedal (closer to the clutch pedal). You can adjust the location of the dead pedal by drilling new holes in the floor plate panel.

I plan to have a few sets made. They will be laser-cut from 1/8" thick 5052 aluminum, CNC bent and finished in a black wrinkle powdercoat. Weight for the floor plate and dead pedal together is ~4 lbs.

Installation hardware and tools will not be included but I can share a list of what I ended up using. It's all available from Amazon, Ebay and/or McMaster-Carr.

Final cost to be determined based on the quantity I order... it will start at $250 and go down the more I can order in the first batch.

Shown below is a test fit of the prototype. For the production parts, a few of the hole locations will be changed to better align with flat parts of the floor. In addition, the dead pedal will be extended upward and have a slightly taller fence on the left. The CAD rendering shows the production model. The production parts will also be powdercoated.
fiero-race-car-floor-plate.jpg
fiero-race-car-floor-plate.jpg (186.12 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
footwell-modeled.PNG
footwell-modeled.PNG (673.02 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
Shaun41178(2)

Re: Track car footwell

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I might be. I removed my carpet and immediately noticed the unlevel floor

Over time I kind of have gotten used to it. But it's def not as comfortable.

Cool idea
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312