Stock v6 Throttle Cable Length

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

THE PUNISHER

Stock v6 Throttle Cable Length

Post by THE PUNISHER »

What is the length of a stock V6 throttle cable?

I am going to source one from Lokar for the northstar and need to know what length to use. they are going to make me one 3" longer than stock ...I just have to find out what that length is!
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Don't know the length... Stock one reaches on my car...
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Mine is a bit worn / Fucked...

So we were sittin around one night goin through car magazines and I came across a lokar throttle cable in Street rodder, it is so simple to hook up (2 polished nuts sandwhich the cable to the bracket) and it's Braided for that nice look... the 4 Ft one was $33 Bucks..

When I looked I figure I could use a new one anyways so why not get something a little longer for a cleaner looking install and different

JM
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

If you want a longer throttle cable why not use a 4cyl cable? They are longer than the V-6 cable.

I've also found 4cyl shifter cables are also longer, for the munci anyways.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

remind me on fri and I will measure. I have it sitting here. I dont' feel like doing it now.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

For the record it's 8 Ft.