40th anniversary Dyno results

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

40th anniversary Dyno results

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Post up the results if you know what car made what.

Will we see anything anywhere on this?
Shaun41178(2)

Re: 40th anniversary Dyno results

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

So apparently an ls4 turbo from pickardt performance dynod only 510 at the wheels

Oooooof
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:08 pm So apparently an ls4 turbo from pickardt performance dynod only 510 at the wheels

Oooooof
Don't those dyno under 300 whp stock/NA?
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

What did you expect? A large showing of performance oriented individuals in attendance to wake snakes??

The Fiero crowd is on life support.
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

For much of the day, it was raining, and as the mobile dyno was outdoors (traction problems with wet surfaces), no dyno tests were held until the weather cleared up at the end of the day (from about 16h00 to 17h30). I was watching these tests.

The Northstar was done earlier in the day, before the rain.

There was no spark plug wire clamp installed on the engine for RPM information, nor OBD2 port sniffing, so I think the results are in terms of road speed. The Northstar dyno looks that way.

Unfortunately, there was no announcer, or screen with results. The crowd asked the driver of a given car the result he got, and then the result was spread through word-of-mouth.

The dyno organiser Trinten said that he would compile and publish results, so at that moment, we will get more official numbers.

2.5 Iron Duke, mostly stock, milled block and head (maybe slightly higher compression), not sure if previous owner put in a performance camshaft. 4-speed Muncie, possibly an MY8.
73 hp
Afternoon_1.jpg
Afternoon_1.jpg (346.68 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
Orange Fiero with 3800 SC (unknown mods), manual transmission, equal-length headers. Torque trace was rather squiggly. Owner thinks he needs to work on tuning it better. Some oil smoke on decel.
327 hp
Afternoon_2.jpg
Afternoon_2.jpg (331.15 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
The Pickardt family turbo LS4. Manual transmission, intercooler. Very short (less than one foot long) turbine and wastegate exhaust pipes dumping vertically out through the decklid. Under power, something made the stock Fiero spoiler resonate.
I heard that it made 531 hp
Afternoon_3.jpg
Afternoon_3.jpg (436.63 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
Fiero Formula. Manual transmission.
I don't remember anything else about this one.
Afternoon_4.jpg
Afternoon_4.jpg (328.36 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
Silver Fiero with manual transmission. Carbed SBC V8. Owner bought the car this way, so not much information about the car. Rich-looking exhaust, so perhaps not running up to its potential.
Afternoon_5.jpg
Afternoon_5.jpg (350.71 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
3800 SC with automatic transmission. This car's transmission kept trying to kick down, so measured wheel horsepower may be low if horsepower was absorbed accelerating the inertia of the drivetrain.
Afternoon_6.jpg
Afternoon_6.jpg (369.98 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
2.8L V6 with manual transmission. Unknown modifications. I liked the pearl paint on this car.
Afternoon_7.jpg
Afternoon_7.jpg (456.53 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

I'll add that the Pickardt car won the highest horsepower award, which was presented on Sunday.

So presumably, all other cars made less horsepower than that.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Some guy in Ontario FB group said the ls4 made 510. Someone else said it made 630 ish

The silver V8 is a 383. It was Tina's old car. Had nitrous. Not sure if still does. I have actually been in contact with that owner because he messaged me out of the blue talking trash 2 days ago He refuses to tell me what it dynod though. 🤣

Thanks for the pics and info.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Emc209i wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:41 am What did you expect? A large showing of performance oriented individuals in attendance to wake snakes??

The Fiero crowd is on life support.
Kind of hoping considering 30 plus people signed up for it. Asking on Facebook groups about the Dyno and people are getting pissed off for merely asking what happened and to post numbers. It's like pulling teeth. People are offended and they weren't even at the show let alone dynod.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Series8217 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:31 am
Shaun41178(2) wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:08 pm So apparently an ls4 turbo from pickardt performance dynod only 510 at the wheels

Oooooof
Don't those dyno under 300 whp stock/NA?
I think they were advertised as 305 hp stock, that said, without any more info, that could be 510 at a fairly low boost level, either way, 510 hp in a fiero would be fun, and from what I can see, the car was built nicely with quality workmanship, so I'm not sure what the "Oooooof" is about. I guess some people can't just let other people be happy.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

.... life support Shaun..

It's hilarious Tina's car was up there and nobody knew. I remember talking to the guy who built it for her in 2008, and he was saying she didn't suck a good enough dick for what he did for her, lol.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Pickardt posted on facebook claiming a peak of 9 PSI, and steady state of 8 psi, which sounds reasonable on a 5.3, but I clearly am a know nothing hack.

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Emc209i wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:50 pm .... life support Shaun..

It's hilarious Tina's car was up there and nobody knew. I remember talking to the guy who built it for her in 2008, and he was saying she didn't suck a good enough dick for what he did for her, lol.
Hahaha. I'm flatlining here.

Eric seems butthurt. Why do fiero owners get so butthurt when someone else Dynos and I comment about it? It's not even your car! Stop crying about it. So ssssensssitive.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Because they can't think objectively. Trinton asked me twice to come up to the 40th. Each time I had a mental image of what I'd do to Danyel if I got my hands around that faggot Canadian's kneck.

Meanwhile, Cliff Pennock the street begger can't figure out how to change a radiator.

Turn out for the 40th was absolutely pathetic compared to the 35th. At least one kid put down 500whp, give him his due.
pmbrunelle

Post by pmbrunelle »

I didn't like that the Pickardt car won the award for highest horsepower, yet its horsepower is unknown, and we don't know who the runner-up is, nor its horsepower.

In most sporting competitions, there is some sort of a scoreboard showing the results of all participants. There was a powerpoint presentation to support the awards ceremony, so I was expecting to see the tabulated results at that time.

Instead, we got a mostly blank slide:
Powerpoint.JPG
Powerpoint.JPG (296.05 KiB) Viewed 8129 times
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

The pickardt car did make 531 according to the owner. Posted on FB

Most others are unknown, noone is talking about it, the car owners aren't being forthcoming... For the most part.

The guy with the manual trans 3800 came forward on FB and listed his mods and numbers.

So two cars so far.

I bet danyel was so proud his yellow convertible was sparked inside. Made his year I bet. Because that's what's important.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

pmbrunelle wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:28 pm I didn't like that the Pickardt car won the award for highest horsepower, yet its horsepower is unknown, and we don't know who the runner-up is, nor its horsepower.

I have found that fiero owners are the only car culture that will hold a Dyno event, and refuse to talk numbers. Ever.

I stated before, I recorded a fiero Dyno event maybe 15 years ago now in Daytona. I waited a long time, maybe a week, to post up the numbers and the videos and the sheets. All of the owners of the cars did not go on Old Europe at the time and post anything about the results. Talking about it was forbidden.

RFT existed so it all got uploaded here. But even so, when Old Europe members found out they were furious.

And if you ask, someone who wasn't even at the event steps in and cries foul and does nothing but scream "who cares" over and over. Or you got the ever so clever "my duke makes 93hp" or you also get the "I didn't buy a fiero to impress men" line. And someone would say that, who didn't even Dyno or was even there.

It's pathetic
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:45 pm
Eric seems butthurt. Why do fiero owners get so butthurt when someone else Dynos and I comment about it? It's not even your car! Stop crying about it. So ssssensssitive.
such butthurt, much sad. as it would turn out, I just happened to see the post shortly after I stated that we didn't even know the boost level, so I thought I might add data. I didn't go out of the way to find it, in fact, I'm kinda surprised you haven't spent the last week hyper obsessing about each boring old fiero there and making a list of who to try and run through the mud next. it's definitely your SOP to spend a sad amount of time "exposing" enthusiasts who have made no attempt to hide anything.
pmbrunelle wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:28 pm I didn't like that the Pickardt car won the award for highest horsepower, yet its horsepower is unknown, and we don't know who the runner-up is, nor its horsepower.

In most sporting competitions, there is some sort of a scoreboard showing the results of all participants. There was a powerpoint presentation to support the awards ceremony, so I was expecting to see the tabulated results at that time.

Instead, we got a mostly blank slide:
Powerpoint.JPG
this is kinda disappointing, it's about 45 seconds worth of typing to make a table showing each car and it's output, somehow, I'm not surprised though.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

ericjon262 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:01 pm []

this is kinda disappointing, it's about 45 seconds worth of typing to make a table showing each car and it's output, somehow, I'm not surprised though.
Wanna know what several people on FB said? "Some people have more important things to do.". Or, "some people have more important things to worry about"

So clearly 45 seconds is just too much time to spend on it. More important things to be done and to worry about. So stop being disappointed and critical!!!!! 🙄
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

383. This is Tina's old car. 307 whp. This guy messaged me out of the blue on FB. Unsolicited right before his Dyno, talking trash.
Saying "come get some". He hasn't said anything to me since. Hahahahahaa.
SCAN0003.jpeg
SCAN0003.jpeg (458.79 KiB) Viewed 7986 times