CAD Stuff

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

ericjon262

Re: CAD Stuff

Post by ericjon262 »

for now, the main objective was to use it as an aid, so that I can attempt to digitally prototype parts faster. I think as I get the scanner setup better, the results of the scan will be improved. here is a scan of an LZx engine block corner, which could be helpful for determining interference points for my alternator mount,

one of the things I'm working on is a workstation with a turntable that I can use for making scans, so far, I've built the turntable and base, next step will be to setup a mount for the scanner, and a properly lighted backdrop, which should hopefully improve the quality of the scans.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ericjon262

Re: CAD Stuff

Post by ericjon262 »

still learning to refine the scans to something slightly more useful, it looks like mixed modeling may be an option, but I need to get my scan process cleaned up first.

https://youtu.be/qOQqbb9KHj8?si=EfFYKTDMLoIpVGFL
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."