tsi running bad

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

richfiero

tsi running bad

Post by richfiero »

my freind has a 1990 talon tsi and it runs bad with the idle jumoing all over the place from a cold start and when the car warms up it idles a little better but still sucks. he broght it to a tech and he said its the mass air sensor. I would think that it would not be this because the car runs off of stored fuel maps when warming up and doesnt run off the senors.
So i was thinking it has somthing to do with fuel or spark and not the mass airflow. Just want to know if you guys have any idea's on what it could be.
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

Is it hard to start also? Check engine light on? When I bought my TSI the ECU was bad and it ran like shit. I've also had a coolant temp sensor go to shit and cause hard starting.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

The only sensor the PCM doesn't use when cold is the oxygen sensor.

DSM's with modified MAF sensors frequently have idle issues. A damaged one wouldn't necessarily be any different.
trigger

Post by trigger »

go to vfaq.com and use the idle surge checklist. dsms are whores. well, cars in general are, but maybe you can find something useful on there. its a common dsm problem.
napalm sticks to kids
bryson

Post by bryson »

Check for vacuum leaks -- I know it's simple, but on any car with a MAF it's the first thing to check.
richfiero

Post by richfiero »

it was the maf sensor its runnin good now. thnx for the help