Clyde's Backyard Bash

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

eHoward
Banned

Clyde's Backyard Bash

Post by eHoward »

If I didn't already have plans, I'd be racing my subaru.
The owner of the Gettysburg Airport in PA will be shutting down the landing strip again the last Saturday of the month (Oct 29th) for some more "heads up" 1/4 mile racing action.

Here's a quote from someone who went to the last event.
Quote »
I went to it yesterday with a bunch of my friends from Chambersburg (and DAWG) and we had a BLAST!! It's $5 to get in to watch, and it will be an additional $20 for 4 runs if you'd like to race. The way they have the event set up is that they give you 4 tickets and you give one per run to the flag man (no pro-tree here). If you win your race, you get your run ticket back to use again. If you lose....well, you don't. I raced my friend in his 71 Scamp and lost, but I won my other 3 races against a SVT Ford Focus so I got an additional 3 runs for my $20. The thing that is really cool about this is the fact that you can go around talking to the other racers (ricers) and see if the would like to make a run. If not you can just line up and you get who you get. I wanted to go up against an 05 Cobalt SS, but I never got a chance to catch up with the owner to see if he wanted to run one off.

Here's a flyer for the event..
Image[/quote]
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

damn!

if my intake was doen and I was tuned i'd be there for sure