So many people down with the pushrods

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

aaron wrote:Will do you have the flowcharts for the new LS7 heads?

If not, well, quite honestly I doubt 360cfm. If so, I'd really like to see them!

Post them here please.
My sources is a technical analysis of the LS7 in one of the "hot rodding" magazines... maybe Chevy High Performance. Their source was GM. Don't have charts. Don't doubt that number in the least.

Gen III and Gen IV engines achieve their huge power outputs and streetability by having incredible heads that thrive on lift. The cams can then have enormous lift with moderate duration and overlap and make big power over a broad power band without being as peaky as old school narrow LSA cams, and without having nearly as much low RPM blow-by.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Which is why I chose the LS2 (NOT the LS7) as a basis for comparison. It is of similar design calibre and technology level to the VVT N*. Another good one might be the flat tappet N* to the LS1.
Still comparing "sporty" engines vs luxury car engines. We both know both the LS1 and the N* are detuned. Both engines at max NA streetable potential can just about double their output.

The N* doesn't have the displacement to compare to an LS1. The LS7 would be more impressive to me if they made 500hp from 5.7L vs 7L. Thats not exactly stellar hp/L.