Northstar intake with TB

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Oversteer wrote:LT1 for the TDC aaron? Isn't that a little big for the application?
Maybe, but I don't think it will have any negative affects. Remember the LT1 is a big torque motor, and after owning one, doesn't really like to rev past 5500. I am running to 7150, which much more efficent heads, and now, an efficent intake to go with it.

Also, the LT1 throttle bodies are known for not flowing really well. THe plates are so small that the connecting shaft inhibits airflow, and the area between the two bores is a big restriction. So it isn't a perfect TB, but with I think it will work quite well with my intake. We shall see though, it may not. Also, it came on a variety of motors, from 265-300hp. Well the DOHC is down 75hp from this, I will have cam timing and this intake with P/P upper and lower, I think the motor will be flowing nearly the same, but I'm not sure. Trial and error I guess.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Get a Skyline 100mm TB. They are on Ebay often and go for cheap.

Thats a 3.0L DOHC engine.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Skyline 100mm TB?
I thought they had individuals...?
I almost bought a set until I realized they didn't have injector bosses.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

donk_316 wrote:Get a Skyline 100mm TB. They are on Ebay often and go for cheap.

Thats a 3.0L DOHC engine.
100???

You sure?

That is pretty big, I mean the LS7 only uses a 90mm unit, and that is a 505hp 7000rpm V8 with factory CNC heads that according to will flow almost 100cfm more than the typical GM 4 valve head!

At any rate, it is complete and utter overkill for my project.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Shaun are you selling stuff I bought off of Ebay and had sent to you???

A new low has been reached.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

you two have some sort of personal battle going on?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Love/hate relationship
whipped

Post by whipped »

THE PUNISHER wrote:Shaun are you selling stuff I bought off of Ebay and had sent to you???

A new low has been reached.
If it was yours, trust me when I say you don't want it. The throttle cam is broken, and the intake is coated with 1/4" of grime (literally.. will take a lot of work to clean). The shipping would also make it totally not worth it.

I'd say it's worth $20, not much more...
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Jon wasn't going to do anything with it anyways. He likes to find things on ebay and then ship them to me so he doesnt' have to pay duty fees and then expects me to be his storage for them untill he gets around to, well, what the hell knows what.

I didnt' think the intake was that dirty as I handled the shit out of it many a time but whatever.

Jon has a good intake so I dont' know what he was going to do with it. And he always gives me shit for having all these parts and not doing anythign with them.

That canadian douchebag can lick my scrot.

Hi sweetie. And Jon if it bothers you that much then I will find you anotehr intake. LMK. I dont' expect you to be back on this board for another month or so, so I suppose I have plenty of time to sit back and wait for your response. Oh, Nice job moderating choade
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
whipped

Post by whipped »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: I didnt' think the intake was that dirty as I handled the shit out of it many a time but whatever.
it's all good... grime came off after lots of scrubbing and simple green.

I know it was probably ok to put on as is, but I guess I just don't like putting dirty parts on a clean engine... kinda like walking across the carpet with muddy shoes, you know? Drives me crazy.