Whats everyone think about the CTS?

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

eHoward
Banned

Whats everyone think about the CTS?

Post by eHoward »

I am thinking about buying a 2003 CTS. It has a manual tranny, the 3.2L V6 and a bunch of options.

CTSs look like this:

donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

One of my excoworkers drove one for a week and was unimpressed. I felt it was a little bit of a let down also.

Maybe youll like it though.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

:puke:

I dunno, too square. When I see them on the road they are like any tall narrow square car built nowadays.

Want one for your daily driver? Dependants?
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

CTS= ehhhh

CTS-V on the other hand......F'ing awesome! GM finally put together a car that can put up a fight against the Hi-po BMW's and Mercedes.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I think they're pretty nice looking cars. I plan on getting a V after I get commisioned. I don't really know how well the regular CTS performs and such as I haven't really done much research on anything other than the V. Still should be a nice car though.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Im thinking of upgrading my current daily driver, the civic with something.

I saw a CTS locally for 17k which is very doable. The lowest I have seen Vs for is around 40. Its not that I dont want a V, its that it doesnt make economic sense right now.

I really like the styling of the CTS. I could see how its too edgy for some people though.[/quote]
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

I like the CTS. We have a 03 with a 5 speed manaual at work. I could get it for $15K and I've been thinking about it. They only have 220HP (3.2L V6) but RSM Racing is making a supercharger kit for them that boosts engine output to 340HP with 10LBS boost. There's also exhaust/headder upgrades and suspension upgrades for the CTS.
88 coupe: 2.0 turbo 4. T25, w2a, meth injection
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Howard......

LEgacy GT>..

Air intake , VF39 STi Turbo and your a low 13 sec car....and it's AWD...you know you want to...
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I want one. MSRP is like $30 with leather though. Almost twice what the used CTS is. A friend of a friend with a dealership is going to give me a quote. We will see. . .
THE PUNISHER wrote:Howard......

LEgacy GT>..

Air intake , VF39 STi Turbo and your a low 13 sec car....and it's AWD...you know you want to...