Get your car outta my garage (rant)

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

spray carb cleaner at the intake mating surfaces and see if the idel changes.

if it does you have located the leak or one of them.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Well I finally got to looking at it because we couldn't figure it out. He had a spare manifold/throttle body laying aside, and I just compared them casting mark for casting mark. Finally it came to me, why did the two throttle bodies look different?

Oh fuck.

We had put the TB on upside down...It sounds so funny now. Either way would appear correct though, one would never know. Now knowing it, I can say "GM is weird, but why would they have the ehating lines on top and all the vacuum lines on bottom?" Yah, they wouldn't...So since it is shaped like a half circle kinda, one side didn't match up and it leaked through there. I plugged it with my finger, idle dropped to 1200. Perfect. So we take it off, reinstall it the correct way, rerun the vac lines, and fire it up. 900 idle baby. Next we played around, warmed it up, and got it ready to drive. It revs like a sportbike, it is really fast, and the intake roar at 3500-4000rpm is niiiiice. As for power once driving, between the 8.5:1 compression, headwork, cams, and HO manifold/throttle body, it lost a lot of low end. The factory 2.4s did pretty decent on the low end (Once they hit 160mph of course), but this one felt like a real DOHC. I didn't take it above 4, but you can feel power start to come on. It also idles REALLY rough due to the cams and removed balance shafts.

It runs great, still needs to find an idle, but other than that works good.

Oh, lack of 4cyl torque+aluminum flywheel+Spec stage III=HOLY SHIT THIS CAR IS A BITCH TO DRIVE. OMFG. The clutch has no play. NONE. It just releases. I've never driven a car this bad. I didn't stall it, but it is rough as shit. Not a date car. And the fact that the clutch is hydraulic, thus really easy to push, takes away any rendentation of clutch feel. There is none. It is in or out, not in between.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.