Top Gear beating the $hit out of a Toyota Pickup

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

JamesCurtis

Top Gear beating the $hit out of a Toyota Pickup

Post by JamesCurtis »

They test a toyota pickup to see how durable it is, who knew it could survive a drop from the top of what looks to be a 15-20 story building (while the building's demolished explosive-style). This is a definite must-watch :thumbleft:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2341641699
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Cool vid, 80s Toyotas have a good rep for a reason.

phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2223
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

best top gear ever. That was awesome. I laughed my ass off.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

DAYUM!
That is definitely the best episode I've seen. Jeeeeez. I want a Toyota pickup truck now!
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

That was amazing, and totally awesome.

My friend has a 1994 Toyota Pickup, and I'm having ideas, although we already beat the shit out of it.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
txf

Post by txf »

That's old I watched it when it aired. Many months ago, but truely amazing with what they did to that poor pickup. Love how the top layer of the frame is holding but the rest of it is split and teh bed touching the cab is holding that side of the truck up from dragging the ground.
Last edited by txf on Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I don't get to see Top Gear much out here, though I'm gonna start trying. I love the show.

I just opened BearShare and am downloading about 30 random episodes...hehe
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Yeah man, the model of toyota known only as "truck" is a hardy piece of equipment. I just spent the better part of the day driving my buddy's around - an 86' or so 22R/5 speed truck around while helping move some shit. It still amazes me every time I see one of these tiny little 2 seater trucks marked "1 Ton" on the back.

That truck has been in all sorts of tires not traveling paralel to direction of travel sorta maneuvering as we kept ourself entertained as kids. We've had it loaded up to where the wheels were damn near rubbing the wheel wells, we've been in high speed chases though city streets, it's been used as an ambulance to haul wounded friends to the ER, it has 211,000 miles on it and it's running strong. Good old reliable truck, be sad if it goes away someday - and it's not even mine. :la:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Top gear did the same thing to an 80s 911, I got the episode.

He dropped a piano from 50ft onto it. He drove it into a brick, concrete building. He sideswiped another building pretty hard. he threw its own headlightr through the windows. He kicked it. Lastly, they dropped the car from 75ft into that camper thing, and it burst into flames and died.

Toyota wins for sure, but to see them do this to a classic 911 was hard.