Considering trading/selling if I miss Daytona

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

GmetalGT

Considering trading/selling if I miss Daytona

Post by GmetalGT »

http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum4/HTML/024813.html

Just incase anyone cares or knows someone who wants a nice fiero with EVERYTHING including tractor motor.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

You have a sweet GT man. I say get it back from MTA and find someone else to install the fuel injection on it. There is no reason that its taking 8 months to get a carbourated 4.9 on the road. ESPECIALLY when MTA is such a great tuner and all...

$4k is also not nearly enough. I bought my fiero in great shape with a stock engine and not nearly as many pugrades for $4500. I wouldn't sell your for anything less than $6500.

Keep it man. You'll be kicking yourself hard if you sell it. I've had my doubts when I was doing my engine swap as well. I have also run into a few problems. Just don't sell it!
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

I would only consider that much depending on how it was when I brought it back. I dont even want to sell it, I just want it back amd working. I'm tired of weeks and weeks going by. Hopefully things work out. I just dont know how much I can take. I know how to work on cars, I just dont have anywhere to do it. I live on a 5star resort that I also work at.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

WHy the hell do you have to pull the engine out and look at the waterpump when a coolant hose comes off? Like did it explode off from the pressure? Or did it come loose?

Like whats the deal? I dont' understand why MTA has to drop the cradle to do what he has to do. I would have put a new tube on it and tried it again. I have had a few clamps come loose after swapping in a new clutch and they started to leak coolant but God damn I had no intention of replacing the waterpump because a coolant hose leaked. LIKE WTF kind of logic is that? I just tightened up my clamps and went on my merry way. But then again I have had good luck with my car. Fires up everyday no prob, just routine maintenence.

Maybe I am way off base here because I dont' have all the details of the coolant tube but that seems a bit silly.

I got your email as well.

You have oen month to have it on the road. Thats plenty of time. MTA should have it done by then and you should have plenty of time to put a few miles on it to make sure all is in good order. IT sure takes this dude one hell of a long time to do a swap though. Its like he is trying to put an LS1 in it or something and has to completley fab up everything custom. I cant' beleive it has taken him this long though just to put in a 4.9 that he has done before. Meh :scratch:

I need you up here man for the video!!! Also need a 4.9 to race. :afrocool: Earl will most likely chicken out and we need some nice looking fieros for the vid.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

I dont know what the deal is with pulling the engine either. He said it was building pressure in the cooling system. Dosnt sound like a water pump to me either. And Like I said to him, just pull a hose from the tube and crank it. You see the water flowing or not. This scares me because it sounds like a head gasket. I dont mind replaceing them but I want to go to Daytona, damit. I have missed all the local gatherings/shows.

Also if it is ready for daytona, I will race you. We will just have to find a safe place. LAst year I saw several ricers getting the braclets for racing.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

cooling systems naturally build pressure in them. Thats what happens when shit gets hot. It expands of course and because of this pressure is created. Of course you also have a pressureized coolant cap which keeps the system under pressure. Being under pressure also raises the boiling limit of the coolant.

anyways.

any updates?

and what are these bracelets you are speaking of?
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: any updates?

and what are these bracelets you are speaking of?
The Bracelets are hand cuffs. Anyway. I calle to get an update and his son told me he was in the Hospital. dont know what happend but Daytona doest look good for me. I hope he is ok, but I'm about fed up.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

you still have 3 weeks really and 4 weeks till the show. Hopefully he is out by then

I would call and see what needs to be done. Maybe you could do it yourself?

Shit if its easy I would make the long drive to his house for a weekend and get it togethor if that is what it is going to take.

I know plenty of safe places around here that we could go to. Most of the police will be confind to the beachside as that is where everyone is at.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

I'm gonna take a trip up there probably Mon, or tuesday to see what state it is in. If the motor is still in I'll tow it back to my house and work on it myself. Beleive me I wait all year for this. (Daytona)
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Ok dude you officially suck now. Bust MTA's ass for me.

Bad head gasket huh? He do a compression test? How does he know its a bad cyl?

I say go take a weekend off from home, drive up to MTA's and replace the headgaskets yourself. You can have it done in one day. Then drive it home.

Maybe buy a one way bus ticket or something so you have to finish it to get home in time for work on monday.

Damn dude I was looking forward to meeting you and racing your car but it doesnt' look like its going to happen yunless you buckle down and kick ass.

I wonder if Earl will step up? :dontknow:
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

Shizaun,

I knew you would step up after seeing that. I'm still going to Daytona regardless. If not in the Fiero I'll be in the Accord that you said would take the 4.9 fiero. Remember that? Anyway, I dont think it will sell so I will probably take a few days off and go get my hands dirty. If I'm there, at least I know it will get done.

BTW, earl PM'ed me and he said he would race you, maybe eeven for money. He asked me to pass trhis on to you in a Old Europe PM. Anyway. I hope I drive my car there.

Pease out, hold it down for me nizzle!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Yea I remember saying something about the accord. I dont' remember the specifics on that car as far as year and hp, but if a newer around 02 and newer I hold firm to my previous statements. What year and such agian? If the FIero doesnt' make it and you want to run the accord sweet I am down with that.

I think I said something like a 50 roll or something the accord would pull the 4.9 with auto. If you can dig up the thread where I talked about it great. If not oh well. Its not a big deal to me anymore anyways as it was what 8 months ago or something?

Yea I saw that thread you posted and thougth I would comment about it. I know MTA was hospitalized and that sucks and all, but damn he has had your car forever and thats not acceptable.

How do you know a cylidner is bad? did he do a compression test?

Either way we can still stir up trouble whether it be in the accord or the Fiero. It doesn't really matter. I will try and keep the beer cold and the women hot till you get here.

That doesnt' surprise me about earl calling me out again. He is a fucking knob and a talker. He wanted to race me on I4 so I said sure. He then backed down. THen he said he would race me at the track. Did he show up? No he did not. Its easy for him to sit there with his 135 lb frame behind a keyboard and spew a bunch of garbage but when it comes down to it thats all he does is talk talk and talk. If he wants to race me that bad he can join up on here and Publically announce his intentions. Sure he will call me out now, but damn didnt' he say he doesnt' street race? So why in the hell is he acting all tough behind his keyboard when the fact of the matter is he wont' race me?

And no I dont' race for money. Never have and probably never will. Sure taking his money would be great. But knowing that he offered to race for money and me declining and him still getting his ass beat just makes him look even more pathetic. Its kind of funny too because every single race I have been in where my opponent has wanted to race for money which I said no just for fun, I ended up winning every single race.

Earl wont' race me because Earl doesnt' street race. I can dig up the thread on Fagland for you. Well he won't race me but he likes to brag about beating 4 cylinder Mazda trucks on the street for some reason. Thats major street cred there. He is a Toolebag with a capital T.
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

No longer for sale. Engine is getting dropped and the top end is coming off. Heads will be machined and this baby will finaly be on the road.

When we pull the engine, I am gonna do some costom detailing like painting brackets, valve covers, etc..... I think I will go with the same blue as my 3.4 to keep it the same.

I just hope I can make daytona cause this shit is taking alot of my money. ALOT!
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Hang in there dude. You will get it running eventually.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Sweet. Did you go pick it up or something?

Details man

Good luck. Jon is just finishing up on his swap as well and he needs to hurry as well if he wants to make it. Just a few more small things and then mileage on it to make sure all is well.

Git er done dude.

Hopefully we get to check it out in Daytona.

GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

I did not pick it up. Keith is better now so I had him start to drop the cradle. I am going up there this weekend to help do the head gaskets. Also when We pull it apart I am going to dress it up better by painting the parts that come off. Like I said I will probably go with the chevy blue like I had before. I would like to do some steel braided hoses too but, money is becoming an issue.

What sucks is for the price of this swap, I could have bought PBJ's Built Turbo 4.9 (you guys gotta get rid of that POS crap) and tranny for the same cost. I am over 6K, nhow but remember, allot of that is because I bought ALL new parts. Nothing in the drive train is old. Actualy only thing that isnt new is the car and some of the interior. This should be done by daytona if we done run into any problems.