Wiring Diagrams

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

TurboGT

Wiring Diagrams

Post by TurboGT »

I was looking for a full set of wiring diagrams for the ECU.

Does anyone know if there are changes form year to year (I have a 87)?

I found this linkl but it dosnt list the years it covers. They also seem incomplete, look at the one that says
"Electronic data sensors, TCC and coldstart inj. and electronic fuel injection 6 cyl".
On the bottom right of the page it has two wires that say "multi-port fuel injection engine data sensors", so you go up to the picture above it and I cant see where they go.
http://www.euronet.nl/users/fo_elmo/wiring.htm

Dose anyone have the factory diagrams?

I want to cut the ECU out if I can. What else besides the engine is controled by the ECU?
A/C, alternator, ect....??

Thanks for you help guys
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Those ARE the factory diagrams.
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

They are out of a Haynes manual. If they are factory the are not complete. When I worked at gm I remember their diagrams looking a lot nicer.

If no one has them I will go to the delarship (long drive from where I live now) and copy them, scan them onto my computer and post them up for everyone.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Those ARE the factory diagrams.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I have a gm manual. haynes copied the gm manual.

they are the same mang.
jazz4cash

Post by jazz4cash »

they look the same to me except I think haynes are not specific to particular model year. The info you say is missing is part of another drawing which is extremely difficult to navigate on the PC. In the manual, you can go back to the whole system schematic to see how the subsystems interface.

I don't think its practical to eliminate the computer unless you put a carburator (sp) on the engine.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Yep... They're the same.

I know that Mitchell OnDemand has some pretty nice diagrams of their own, with less of the wiring overlap... Most big shops use it, and I've seen it on dealer machines, too...

Maybe those are what you're thinking of?
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

I have:

that shitty haynes manual
84 shop manual
87 shop manual

I would suggest getting the shop manual for your specific year as there are minor differences....but i think with me owning a 84, they are different from everything else. so thats probably it
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)