Clutch Cable

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Dryfter_09_19

Clutch Cable

Post by Dryfter_09_19 »

Is there anyway I can adjust my clutch cable?
1985 Fiero 2M4
I suck at cars...
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

if you have a clutch cable , its not a fiero - there is a threaded adjustment at the transmission end of the cable

if you are asking about a fiero - its self adjusting hydraulics - you probably have air in the system or ran out of fluid
Dryfter_09_19

Post by Dryfter_09_19 »

Lol... Make me feel stupid... :thumbleft:

O well, yes i was talking about a fiero. I just assumed that there was a cable. (I grew up around mustangs). I'll go check the fluid.

The reason I asked was because I'm having trouble getting into and out of gear. So, before I went out and got a new clutch, I was gonna see if i could adjust anything.

Thanks
1985 Fiero 2M4
I suck at cars...
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

lol - yup, hydraulic
bleeding is the usual fix
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

Hydraulic clutch problems are nearly a rite of passage if you own a fiero. Everyone seems to have problem with them at one time or another.

There's a bleed bolt on top of the slave cylinder on top of the transmission but be VERY careful with it. You might want to soak it overnight in pb blaster to free it up. The housing many times will give way before the bleed bolt will.

After you get it loose, it's pretty much like bleeding brakes. Push the pedal to the floor, have someone open/close the bleeder, then slowly let your foot off the pedal. Check the clutch reservoir under the hood to make sure you're not running low on fluid (it's just brake fluid) and repeat as necessary.

Enjoy