Video from saturday. Me Vs 92 Mustang Gt

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

So that's why stiffening a Fiero rear suspension helps the launch.

Soft rear springs just waste time. They load the contact patch more slowly than stiff springs.

And if you think about it, stiff springs do NOT let the front rise easily. They keep it from rising.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:So that's why stiffening a Fiero rear suspension helps the launch.

Soft rear springs just waste time. They load the contact patch more slowly than stiff springs.

And if you think about it, stiff springs do NOT let the front rise easily. They keep it from rising.
I understand what you are saying but the Fiero has most of the weight in the back already, so yea on a fiero you would waist time with soft springs but on a front engine car you need a way to transfer the weight to the rear wheels. I should'nt have said stiff springs up front I should have said stiffer springs than the rear.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Stiff springs in front keep the front down.

If you have 300# per corner on the front and a 100# spring rate, the front end will rise 3" before you lift the front tires.

If you have 300# per corner and a 300# spring rate, the front will only rise 1" before the wheels come off.

Stiff springs in front will keep the front down.